Visiting my dad for the weekend. His upload speed and ping are normal, but his download speed is dismal.
1) Your location: Pittsburgh, PA.
2) A description of the problem. See above.
3) Is the issue intermittent, constant or does it occur at a specific time of day? Constant. After a call to comcast, they send a refresh. For about 10 minutes, the download speed was up to 26-30 Mbps then fell again.
4) Your modem make, model & firmware version. How to find firmware version:
Status Code: Operational
Software Version: ST52.10.11
Software Model: a806
MDD IP Provisioning Mode: HonorMdd
5) Describe any home networking if applicable. (i.e. routers, hubs, adapters, etc.)
Belkin N300 router. Problem exists with and without router.
6) List any firewall and/or anti-virus software you have installed. Include what version you have.