spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WC_Gman

join:2009-01-07
Redmond, WA

[FiOS] Month to month - drop tv - new contract?

I'm out of contract with frontier. Currently I have the triple play with 25/25 Internet. I'm happy with Internet and voice, but feeling left behind with tv. Apple TV has new channels that frontier doesn't have deals with, and I fear they won't. Comcast iPad apps are also enticing.

If I drop TV with frontier, will I need a new contract with frontier? They don't offer 25/25 anymore - max upload is now 10 or 15 I believe.

I can also save about $15/mo averaged out over two years and get HBO for three months (and catch up on GOT).

Thoughts?

Reticent

join:2008-08-11
USA_PDX
A suggestion: propose a 1-year or 2-year 24/24 for under $44/mo internet-only contract, like the one advertised by Verizon just before they transferred to Frontier.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
said by WC_Gman:

They don't offer 25/25 anymore - max upload is now 10 or 15 I believe.

said by Reticent:

A suggestion: propose a 1-year or 2-year 24/24 for under $44/mo internet-only contract, like the one advertised by Verizon just before they transferred to Frontier.

The problem with this is that "old profiles" (or offerings, if you will) actually "expire" and won't show up as an option to the Frontier rep for the customer.

If 25/25 is no longer an option in the system, it's no longer an option for the customer. And I'm thinking that 25/25 is no longer an option.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Reticent

join:2008-08-11
USA_PDX
I didn't say to expect that promotion. It's simply a better starting point for negotiation.
"Offerings" sounds like something a supplicant is expected to bring; seems appropriate.

td798

join:2013-01-31
Clackamas, OR
reply to WC_Gman
I left Frontier FiOS for Comcast for the same reasons and ended up switching back after 2 months. FiOS has decent deals now with no contract and price guarantee for one year. I used to be on 35/35 internet plan but now have 25/10 and it is just fine. Their other option is 15/5. $10 difference between each data plan. It's also much more consistent than Comcast; Comcast must do maintenance every midnight because I had little to no internet around that time most days. TV wise, there are far more HD channels on FiOS than Comcast, especially if you get premium channels such as Showtime or HBO. Comcast had only a couple Showtime and HBO HD channels while FiOS has about a dozen or so. It does suck not having online stream access such as HBO GO, ESPN or others, but I can live without it.