how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DarkFlow

join:2011-09-04
Lakeside, CA

FXX, free?

So FXX is taking over Fox Soccer tonight at 7am EST. I'm wondering since that's in the sports pak, do I have to pay for this damn channel, and if I do that's kinda messed up.

signcarver

join:2005-03-20
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit
Unless you can get it OTA or are stealing service you have to pay for the channel... I assume you mean do you have to pay for the sports tier to access the channel.

Last I heard a few months ago, you would need the sports tier, probably for at least a month or two, ... eventually they will realign the channels but they are not sure where and when but it was already being discussed but a lot could have happened since to make the change faster.

I do suspect that fxx will not be on an extended basic channel like fx is and will probably be on the variety tier so you still may need to pay more for it but they may surprise me and move fs1 to the sports tier and fxx to the extended tier (essential)

DarkFlow

Lakeside, CA
said by signcarver:

Unless you can get it OTA or are stealing service you have to pay for the channel... I assume you mean do you have to pay for the sports tier to access the channel.

Last I heard a few months ago, you would need the sports tier, probably for at least a month or two, ... eventually they will realign the channels but they are not sure where and when but it was already being discussed but a lot could have happened since to make the change faster.

I do suspect that fxx will not be on an extended basic channel like fx is and will probably be on the variety tier so you still may need to pay more for it but they may surprise me and move fs1 to the sports tier and fxx to the extended tier (essential)

Well that's a bunch of bullshit then.

signcarver

join:2005-03-20
Phoenix, AZ
Hopefully it will be faster as fox announced this change back in January and I know cox has been discussing it for at least a couple of months... I thought it was posted here but it may have been on facebook... Now looking at the facebook posts, they do mention it being reevaluated but I may have been more optimistic about how fast they will realign as I see no mention of a couple of months like I thought I saw earlier.

DarkFlow

Lakeside, CA
yeah someone else I know said Cox told them it's going to be awhile before it happens. They've had almost a year to figure this out, and yet they did nothing. I'm not going to pay them extra for a sports tier for one channel, it's not HBO. Guess I'll just download them off torrents.

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
who knows maybe there is no frequency available in the tier or channel space they are looking at moving it to might want or need to wait until all areas have room to move it out of the sports tier.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:20
said by ajwees41:

who knows maybe there is no frequency available in the tier or channel space they are looking at moving it to might want or need to wait until all areas have room to move it out of the sports tier.

they don't have to change the QAM its on. They just have to change the billing codes. More then likely that's dictated by the contract with Fox.
--
If you need help, I'm here for you. If you're wrong, expect to be called out on it. If it's important, have a back up or two. Don't complain in public if you don't want an answer...

DarkFlow

Lakeside, CA
said by DrDrew:

said by ajwees41:

they don't have to change the QAM its on. They just have to change the billing codes. More then likely that's dictated by the contract with Fox.

I don't know why fox would do that, they just hurts them. I think it's just cox being lazy.

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
might have in the contract channel placement, but when FXX took over instead of a new contract just replaced until the old Fox Soccer contract ends.