join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

10 recommendations

[Pets] Ruh-roh...!!!

Guess who arrived this afternoon from Tulsa, Oklahoma???

Roxy the Doxie!!!
--

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

1 recommendation

You have so many friends, JoJo! Heya', Roxy, oh wow, did you EVER score!

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Cool !!

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
She's beautiful! Is she your pet?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to jopfef
I see the stiches, hope she's not traumatized, poor thing!

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

3 recommendations

reply to jopfef
Roxy is the mother of the three little boy puppies who were born last year, and the one little girl puppy.

I wasn't aware that her owner hadn't spayed her yet; I thought that was done last year. Since then, she left her husband and moved back home to Tulsa to be with her grown kids. Roxy had an accidental breeding very early last week, her owner called me to find out what to do, and I promptly had a heart attack -- she was bred by Felix, her son. I told her to get Felix neutered ASAP, and to get Roxy to the vet and find out what to do for her. The owner's soon-to-be ex-husband made a trip down to Tulsa to bring back her car (in his name only, the A-hole, and he pulled it from her...) to sell, and lo and behold, he brought Roxy to me! She sent me a text message that she was giving Roxy to me! WHOA!!!

Long story short, there used to be a shot to restart the heat cycle, thus preventing implantation, but that's no longer available. So after talking to my vet today, Roxy is scheduled to be spayed two weeks from tomorrow. Doc wasn't happy at all when I told him who bred Roxy; most likely would be deformed puppies, and I'd have to put them to sleep at birth. So she will be spayed in two weeks, so that neither she nor I have to go through that.

The only good thing about this whole mess is that it IS nice to have a Doxie in the house again!
--

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9

1 recommendation

I'm glad she's in your care now.