urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to WarningU2

Premium Member

to WarningU2

Re: [INTERNET] Router Recommendations / Poll

There was a recent firmware update that resolves a number of security issues but who knows what other stuff it might resolve.

After a firmware update you should always do a hard factory reset and not load in a backup configuration. My suggestion is to give that update a go, complete a hard wipe and manual reconfiguration (also allowing you to re-evaluate your settings) and see if it helps.

WarningU2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-27
Burlington, ON

WarningU2

Premium Member

I am currently running 1.32 NA - found there is a 1.37 update but when I applied it ... nothing happened. 1.32 NA is still showing.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by WarningU2:

I am currently running 1.32 NA - found there is a 1.37 update but when I applied it ... nothing happened. 1.32 NA is still showing.

... try again? And do a hard reset to factory defaults (holding reset pin) or you could put in factory recovery mode and force it to take the 1.37.

WarningU2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-27
Burlington, ON

WarningU2

Premium Member

thanks urbanriot but I think I'm just going to get the asus and be done with it. The odd thing is that the systems options in admin of the router ... doesn't detect there is new firmware but if I look up the A version on the dlink site there is a 1.37 update. I'm presuming the update function doesn't work on the systems panel?

Ok so stupid questions ... never really thought about this but why A versions and B versions ... and if you are running A can you run B?

Gixxer
join:2008-08-27
St Catharines, ON

Gixxer

said by WarningU2:

thanks urbanriot but I think I'm just going to get the asus and be done with it. The odd thing is that the systems options in admin of the router ... doesn't detect there is new firmware but if I look up the A version on the dlink site there is a 1.37 update. I'm presuming the update function doesn't work on the systems panel?

Ok so stupid questions ... never really thought about this but why A versions and B versions ... and if you are running A can you run B?

That's one of the main issues with the DIR-655, there's so many router revisions and firmware incompatibilities. The best thing I did was finally getting rid of it.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot to WarningU2

Premium Member

to WarningU2
said by WarningU2:

No, different hardware revisions require different firmware.