spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cville3
join:2003-04-02
Collinsville, IL

cville3

Service appointment gone wrong.

Have not been here for quite some time. Have been on Uverse for several years and have been very happy.

Satisfaction comes down to what kind of response you get when there is trouble.

So I guess I am just venting my frustration. During a storm yesterday we took a lightning strike. It knocked out several things and invited a call to the fire department. No fire damage thankfully. Just the burned smell of a GFCI breaker in our bathroom.

The ethernet and TV portion is out. I called and the automated system said I needed a tech and scheduled an appointment for this morning. I was very pleased that hey could get to me so quickly. I checked the appointment website this morning and it did not show any service scheduled.

I called in this morning and the automated system confirmed my appointment but I went ahead and talked to a live person. They said there was no service ticket.

Long story short they scheduled the tech for my sons house across town. When they called him he told them it was my house. The tech couldn't correct it. So I called back to att and tried to get my scheduled tech routed to the correct house.

My disappointment was that no one had the power to fix the problem. Just. Note I did call for service from my uverse phone and the system verified my phone number.

my thoughts

Anon

Is it possible
1) two separate address on your account, a billing and a service address ,that was entered incorrectly
2) is your uverse phone number listed as a primary or alternative number on your sons account

A repair ticket is created with both a ban number (account) and a service address...
If tech is dispatched on your sons account and to his address there would be no option for you to take his appointment.

If there is a lesson here it would be always talk to a live person and verify both contact name/number and service address for appointment.

Many times contact numbers when signed up for service have been disconnected leaving no option but to drive to service address and hope someone is home, please update your info if things change.