how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cambino

join:2010-01-12
Kanata, ON

[Cable] rCable delays and TSI dropped the ball

I called to upgrade my 28/1 (SB6120) service to 150/10. I provided all of the required information over the phone, including the SN & MAC of my brand new DCM476 modem. On Aug. 14th, I received an email stating my speed change request had been processed. Since then, I've been requesting updates via the DirectForum and being told it had been escalated, etc etc. We're at the mercy of rCable, I get it.

Today, I get a phone call to say that my upgrade could not be completed because my SB6120 modem is not compatible. I went ape sh!t. I just can't believe that after waiting this long, I'll have to wait another 2 weeks because the rep that took my order failed to submit the proper modem swap request along with my speed change request.

And then, I get a follow-up call asking to verify the SN because it was a digit short. It shouldn't be if the rep recorded it properly in the first place. We even repeated it twice to make sure!

rCable may have delays but TSI has now caused this request to be delayed even more. It's very frustrating.

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
Ah that does suck...

Poser

join:2002-07-28
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by xdrag:

SB6120 is not compatible because it's only 4x4. you need a DCM476 which is 8x4.

Rogers requirement. However the rep should have told you that your modem wasn't approved for 150/10

He had a DCM476, but I'm not sure if it was provisioned properly.

OP, how/where did you get that modem?

chrono

join:2010-10-29
reply to cambino
I've been waiting for my upgrade (same, 28/1 => 150/10) since Aug-2nd, with a question/answer cycle between TSI and Rogers about the modem details on Aug-14 (luckily I've got a DCM475). But no speed upgrade yet, either.

I've bumped it on the direct forum once again and I'm sure there will be even more delays, just because of Murphy's Law.

And of course, TSI started billing the new tier on Aug-23, just as if it's the most natural thing to collect without delivering.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to cambino
Ah man! I am really sorry to hear this. I will make sure the associate at fault receives coaching to avoid this going forward.

I will also look into your account to make sure things are now on track!

Andre

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to cambino
Ok. I see that the modem swap order is in. I have also posted this in your direct thread post.

Sorry about this again!

Andre

cambino

join:2010-01-12
Kanata, ON
reply to Poser
I bought the DCM476 new at my local Canada Computers.