keeping art alive since 1953
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY
kudos:9
Reviews:
·VOIPO

[Internet] Frustration

TWC is frustrating. Collections Department calls me on a Holiday morning, wanting $150. and demands immediate payment via Credit or Debit card. I have neither, I pay CASH at the local office. But... of course, the local office is closed on a Holiday. The earliest I can get them the CASH is Friday, and have always paid when I said I would. The Rep on the phone said she'll note it on the account, but can't guarantee I won't be shut off before then. Hmm. OK, then I can't guarantee that you'll get your money or I'll still be a customer after 25+ years after Friday. Damn... just had to vent.

Phroz

join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

1 recommendation

How late is your payment? You can't blame them for wanting their money. They're no different than any other company.

PCInTech
Premium
Massena, NY
only a month, they've never done this before to me.
I understand they want their money, and should have it... but so do I, and I don't call my customers on a Sunday or Holiday and hound them for it, and threaten them.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
so why not pay with your card? or even a prepaid card?

then pay off the card what is the difference? if they are calling you after only a month which is weird usually they would after 2.

Why not just get rid of them? by paying it off.

PCInTech
Premium
Massena, NY
take note.. I HAVE NO cards.

evious

join:2002-02-13
Gastonia, NC

1 recommendation

reply to PCInTech
said by PCInTech:

only a month, they've never done this before to me.
I understand they want their money, and should have it... but so do I, and I don't call my customers on a Sunday or Holiday and hound them for it, and threaten them.

Sounds like a scam to me, people in the Charlotte area have gotten calls like this from "Duke Power" demanding a credit, or debit card number to prevent power from shut off within an hour. Contact TWC directly from the phone number on you bill during business hours. This sounds awfully fishy to me. Good Luck!

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to PCInTech
said by PCInTech:

take note.. I HAVE NO cards.

But there is always a prepaid card.
Western Union for example has them.

PCInTech
Premium
Massena, NY
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to evious
I did call them directly, and even on a Holiday they were open, they said the same thing. They just want money NOW. LOL I want service NOW, too, and something they did last week cut down my speeds, but they won't fix it until I "pay up". They're amazing, I tell ya.

Phroz

join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

1 recommendation

reply to evious
said by evious:

Contact TWC directly from the phone number on you bill during business hours. This sounds awfully fishy to me. Good Luck!

I agree

I've never heard of TWC calling customers demanding payment... especially not after a month. Usually you will receive an email and multiple letters in the mail. Disconnections don't usually happen until you're 60+ days past due.

PCInTech
Premium
Massena, NY
Our division is becoming ruthless, since there's no viable competition.

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to PCInTech
If they are harassing you there are many options where you can file a complaint.
Try to record the phone calls.

cashstrap

@rcn.com
reply to PCInTech
I know people have money issues but to avoid calls like this pay ur bills on time and they won't call! I bet if they shut your service off without calling u would have complained that they should have called u first. A lot of times the billing system is programmer to shut down delinquent customers after 45days that the rep can't override.

voiplover
Premium
join:2004-05-28
Portsmouth, NH
reply to PCInTech
TimeWarner sucks. Their proffits are up over 350% in the last 4 years, but they still want to nickle and dime you to death.