Hello Everyone,

DSL customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

-- Horseshoe Valley
-- Brampton
-- Cardinal
-- Innisfil
-- Stouffville
-- St-Barthelemy

We are currently experiencing service interruptions with our cable internet service in the Toronto, East York & Mississauga Area

The following Cable POI's are affected.

• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - DHCP issue
• Comstock POI, Toronto - DHCP issue

Thank you
TSI-Ashleigh
--
TSI Support - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by TSI Outages:

We are continuing to work with the vendor on balancing the network load from a recent fibre cut.

Another fiber cut?!

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
said by 34764170:

said by TSI Outages:

We are continuing to work with the vendor on balancing the network load from a recent fibre cut.

Another fiber cut?!

That'd be Thursday's fiber cut.. Sounds like something's not bouncing back properly - not surprising with Rogers.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

jdrom

join:2008-03-02
East York, ON
reply to TSI Outages
I assume this would cause packet loss? I'm experiencing it currently, making it rather challenging to use the Internet as things don't load, and after a few refreshes, they finally do.

Though "realtime" things like Google Hangouts for example just refuse to connect due to packets being lost I imagine.

GateGuardian

@teksavvy.com
Are people in the wolfdale area completely down or intermittent? My cousin is in the heartland (L5V) area and has been down for over 2 weeks, will rebooting the modem temp. solve the issue? or he should just wait.

awa0327

@rogers.com
Blaming Rogers for everything is becoming too easy. DSL, cable in many areas and only TSI customers are affected. I believe TSI capability to provide a service is non-existing at this point. The more widespread are outages, the more difficult is to believe that Rogers is responsible, they would have to be engaging in all out effort to sabotage TSI, and that's too risky. I do not trust TSI explanations any more, do not believe they can restore the service, I am out.

rockababy

join:2011-08-30
Mississauga, ON
reply to GateGuardian
said by GateGuardian:

Are people in the wolfdale area completely down or intermittent? My cousin is in the heartland (L5V) area and has been down for over 2 weeks, will rebooting the modem temp. solve the issue? or he should just wait.

I've tried rebooting the modem a few times and I still can't get any internet. I'm a L5M and been offline for over a week. Might have to switch over to Rogers now because I need the internet for school. I don't understand how we cannot get internet back after a week. Absolutely ridiculous. Shouldn't take this long in this country.

slshadow

join:2013-09-02
Mississauga, ON
reply to awa0327
Not only do they blame Rogers, their next favorite thing to do is to tell you to wait for the next 2 days/48 hours every time you call until 2 weeks pass by.

TSI explanations are now just excuses and consistently wastes peoples time.

Their solution was to send me modems when Cable was out since August 16th. They 1st blame my modem's software is outdated, then 2nd time they blame Rogers for not activating MAC address, now they blame Rogers for a "flood" that occurred last month.

What a joke of a company at this point. And they say they are frustrated as well. Hah.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
slshadow ... the joke of a company is sadly Rogers who make TSI and hence you wait two days every time a ticket goes to them.

Sure TekSavvy are the people you're paying money to. Do you think they LIKE seeing all these dissatisfied customers? Do you think they want to deliberately mislead you? They are losing a significant number of customers as a result of these problems generated by Rogers stuck feet. They have NO MEANS at their disposal to make Rogers do anything. After all Rogers has no incentive to have TekSavvy please you ... they want to take your business from TekSavvy.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to 34764170
We removed it. There is no other Fiber cut. It was supposed to read customer in the areas of the Fiber cut should be back online and a power cycle may be needed. We removed it to avoid confusion.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to awa0327
said by awa0327 :

Blaming Rogers for everything is becoming too easy. DSL, cable in many areas and only TSI customers are affected. I believe TSI capability to provide a service is non-existing at this point. The more widespread are outages, the more difficult is to believe that Rogers is responsible, they would have to be engaging in all out effort to sabotage TSI, and that's too risky. I do not trust TSI explanations any more, do not believe they can restore the service, I am out.

DSL issues aren't Rogers-caused - there have been some Bell issues which have shown up lately, that have even made Bell's own issues page.

When Rogers has been doing work in an area (you can tell because suddenly you have less than 4 upstream channels bonded), and a ton of Teksavvy customers are out in that area, it's going to be a DHCP issue.
When Rogers takes 2-3 weeks to respond to ALL TPIA providers's issue tickets, and THEN gives bullshit responses saying the problem is RF or outdated firmware (with the TPIA provider saying that's not the problem, resulting in another 2-3 weeks for a possible response from Rogers), you can really tell who the problem party is.

Rogers doesn't give a damn about getting Teksavvy customers online when the longer they wait to respond to tickets and solve Teksavvy-related issues, the more customers they have switching back over to Rogers, netting them more money.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

awa0327

@supralink.com
The only reason TSI have any customers at all is because they are less expensive than Rogers or Bell, And the main reason they are so inexpensive, as we just discovered, is that they take no responsibility whatsoever for the services they are selling. If TSI does not have SLA with Rogers, and they obviously do not, they are just money collectors always able to point fingers at Rogers. That's just not good enough any more.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

We removed it. There is no other Fiber cut. It was supposed to read customer in the areas of the Fiber cut should be back online and a power cycle may be needed. We removed it to avoid confusion.

Ya, I thought this was something new not the previous one from last week.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

1 recommendation

reply to awa0327
When Rogers doesn't do the job, it's all very well blaming TekSavvy. Blame them enough, they'll lose too much cable business and shrink back to a DSL TPIA ... leaving the majority of us with good cable service with nothing but the incumbent.

Thanks bud, but that's not the way things should work.

Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

reply to awa0327
said by awa0327 :

The more widespread are outages, the more difficult is to believe that Rogers is responsible, they would have to be engaging in all out effort to sabotage TSI, and that's too risky.

There are 2 major changes going on all at once plus a fiber cut. The DHCP issues pop up when Rogers does node splits. The RF issues pop up when Rogers does channel configuration changes, mainly reconfiguration of the upstream channels. Those two are going on over many many nodes all at once; they don't do every node all at the same time but it spreads out as they make changes to the thousands of nodes within their footprint. As they're doing these changes on a node by node basis and then going back and fixing issues with each node they're also continuing on to upgrade more nodes at the same time.

The fiber cut from last week affected everyone on cable.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to sbrook
said by sbrook:

Thanks bud, but that's not the way things should work.

It's easier to give up and go and reward the bad player for bad behavior.

Harris

@acndigital.net
reply to TSI Outages
I am TSI customer, I have contacted Rogers NOC and confirmed they are receiving MAC address from my cable modem. In my opinion, I am not receiving DHCP address delivered to me by TSI. It shows issues with TSI DHCP pool. My other friends are in the same situation as me.

I am not sure why TSI would like me to document my in-house issues when there are none.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
said by Harris :

I am TSI customer, I have contacted Rogers NOC and confirmed they are receiving MAC address from my cable modem. In my opinion, I am not receiving DHCP address delivered to me by TSI. It shows issues with TSI DHCP pool. My other friends are in the same situation as me.

I am not sure why TSI would like me to document my in-house issues when there are none.

But, the DHCP pools are managed by Rogers. We have given them more than 26000 IPs in the last 2 weeks. Each time we are asked for IPs, we give them within an hour of receiving their request.

Call Rogers NOC back and see why there are no IPs in the pools.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

trog

join:2001-03-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to Harris
And who owns, operates and manages the DHCP server? ROGERS not TSI. All TSI does is to supply an IP address range to Rogers, who then adds that range to the ROGERS DHCP server. No more; no less.

Who gets warnings of DCHP pool depletion? ROGERS.... When does TSI learn of this? When either Rogers lets them know, or TSI customers have issues.

I'm also suprised that the Rogers NOC would even talk to a client...

Harris

@acndigital.net
reply to TSI Marc
I am not employee of Rogers or TSI. I suggest you could call them as they have no visibility to IP scheme, they might be behind the firewall.

Harris

@acndigital.net
reply to trog
It sound like we are living in third world country, even, then the outage should not have lasted for over couple of hours. I guess Rogers customer service said it right, "you can not compare apples with apples". At the time I did not believe in them. I guess I have learned my lesson for switching to TSI.

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Unfortunate as this episode of outages is... i think it's a good experience for both customers and TSI to know who is in charge.. rCable and how badly they can screw people over. (and how pathetic our internet is in canada)

Hopefully TSI can recover after this and come back prepared and stronger with a more efficient plan on how to deal with massive outages.

Until the TPIA has their own network, we are at the mercy of the incumbents and change is needed to avoid this disaster again.

trog

join:2001-03-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to Harris
No we are living in a CAPITALIST country where the regulations to permit TPIA have been created by Rogers and Bell and provide the bare minimum of what is rewquired. A scheme where tickets are submitted by eMail to the incumbents; with no phone contact allowed; with 48 hour turnaround on issues.

Nighthawk
Premium
join:2013-08-30
Canada
reply to xdrag
said by xdrag:

Unfortunate as this episode of outages is... i think it's a good experience for both customers and TSI to know who is in charge.. rCable and how badly they can screw people over. (and how pathetic our internet is in canada)

Hopefully TSI can recover after this and come back prepared and stronger with a more efficient plan on how to deal with massive outages.

Until the TPIA has their own network, we are at the mercy of the incumbents and change is needed to avoid this disaster again.

Nicely said!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to trog
said by trog:

No we are living in a CAPITALIST country where the regulations to permit TPIA have been created by Rogers and Bell and provide the bare minimum of what is rewquired. A scheme where tickets are submitted by eMail to the incumbents; with no phone contact allowed; with 48 hour turnaround on issues.

Its called Regulatory Capture.

--

!- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -!
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = @TwiztedZero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Harris

@acndigital.net
reply to Nighthawk
I wish the same for all of us and TSI. Lets hope that our service gets recovered and we continue to use it going forward.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to Harris
We will certainly see how it plays out. This is not my first picnic either.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy