spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ssetta
join:2003-09-17
Natick, MA

2 edits

ssetta

[X1-X2] Has anyone actually gotten rid of X1?

I know the X1 has been around for quite some time now, with issues that a lot of people have been complaining about. I've had X1 for about a week now, and I am still on the fence about keeping it. There's some things I like about it, such as the updated guide interface, and the fact that it displays channel and show logos. And being able to record 4 shows and watch a 5th (that is, if I ever actually end up doing that) is a nice feature.

However, there are several things about the X1 that I don't like, such as the lack of ability to advance a day in the guide, no tuner swap, low volume output, basically the same complaints other people have had. Again, I'm still not sure I wanna give it up. I know it's beta testing and they're working some things out, but it seems like its been around for a year and they haven't done much with it. Also, remember Comcast with TiVo software that was launched in, I think 2008? I had it for about a month, but I kept having all these problems with it, and decided I didn't want it anymore, and went back to the regular old DVR. Though part of the reason why I upgraded to X1 is because I was having some glitch issues with the DVR, although maybe if I had a newer model, such as the DCX3501 it would be better.

So my interesting question is: Why do people insist on keeping X1 if they don't like it?

rej4sl
join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN

rej4sl

Re: Has anyone actually gotten rid of X1?

I do miss the advance a day ahead in the guide but I use the mini guide and page advance for the channel so this works as a work around. Our old box had a guide which looked like the last century so the guide is a lot better. There are things we miss from our old box like reminders but I won't go back just for that. I like the 5 tuners and the better picture.
ssetta
join:2003-09-17
Natick, MA

ssetta

And what about the low output volume? That bugs me too.