share rss forum feed

fartness
computersoc dot com
Premium
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside
reply to fartness

Re: Accident / treating air bag burn?

Geico wants a "Certificate of Repair" from the shop that is doing the work to say my vehicle is roadworthy or they're going to dump my insurance on it in a few weeks (they gave 30 days total). What exactly is a "Certificate of Repair"? What happens if I do the work myself (not that I would) or have multiple shops do the work?

They couldn't give me a good answer.

Google gives me two results when I type in:
"Certificate of Repair" geico

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
any news farness?

fartness
computersoc dot com
Premium
Look Outside
The cerificate of repair is no biggie. Just needs the receipt from the shop. It's currently in the shop.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
What all are they replacing to repair it.

fartness
computersoc dot com
Premium
Look Outside
reply to fartness
Got it back today. Looks good. The headlights I bought suck, they point down. The light projects about 5 feet in front of the truck. Not sure if they could be adjusted or I just need to put some quality bulbs in there?

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH
Get them adjusted would be my first guess. Should have a pretty easy procedure to do so. Sometimes as simple as an adjustment nut/screw on the housing.

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to fartness
They should be adjustable. Park your truck on the driveway away from the garage with the lights on (assuming your driveway is mostly flat). There should be a nut that you turn on the back of the headlight assembly and the lights move up and down. If you can find that adjustment, then make the low beams level (same distance from ground at truck and at light on garage).

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to TheMG
said by TheMG:

It's a friction burn rather than a thermal burn. The airbag forcefully rubs against your arms as it deploys. Treat as you would treat a "rug burn", or don't treat at all.

It'll likely be thermal and possibly some friction. Treat as you would any other minor burn. Aloe gel works well.
Air bags are deployed by a controlled explosion and are VERY hot when they hit you, they will burn unprotected skin.