graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to gibson4444

MVM

to gibson4444

Re: [Speed] Comcast Upgrade to Extreme 105

You are misreading your situation. 189/24 is not Blast. You were pushed the Extreme config file ahead of the tech visit portion of the install. When the upgrade to Extreme cancellation goes thru, you will eventually get back the Blast config file and the Blast speeds.

gibson4444
@comcast.net

gibson4444

Anon

so i already had extreme 105 speeds, why do i need the install? I would be willing to keep extreme 105 without install fee, will Comcast do that

pclover
join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

2 edits

pclover

said by gibson4444 :

so i already had extreme 105 speeds, why do i need the install? I would be willing to keep extreme 105 without install fee, will Comcast do that

I doubt comcast is going to do that. They will likely just revert you back to blast.

Reading I feel the $249 is a scam to get more money of people. People claim they make changes to the node etc. etc. but IMO they don't do shit and just collect the money.
aabaaf
join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

Internally it is also a way of making sure that you REALLY want the 105 speed. Don't just upgrade to it for a month, and then say, nope not for me. Or use it move some really big files around and then not need that speed anymore. The $249 install fee is a way of keeping out those that just want to try it. They don't really do anything per se to the node etc... But it's a "charge" in case they have to, so that the person using the 105 does not disrupt those using BLAST/Performance.