Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One to FFH5

MVM

to FFH5

Re: Finns think they took it in the neck on this deal

Nokia + Microsoft = an indestructible phone that locks up and blue screens daily.
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

1 recommendation

Dodge

Premium Member

As opposed to Apple's flimsy shatter prone phone with reliable but ultimately useless OS? Or Samsung's plastic wonder? Or android in general that works great on the latest phone's, but as time goes by and more "updates" are added the phone becomes less and less usable?

They all have their problems, enough with the BSOD bitching already.

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

1 recommendation

Uncle Paul to Camelot One

to Camelot One
said by Camelot One:

Nokia + Microsoft = an indestructible phone that locks up and blue screens daily.

Funny how my iPhone 4 required more reboots than my Nokia WP has. Do you get a lot of lock ups with your WP?

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

said by Uncle Paul:

said by Camelot One:

Funny how my iPhone 4 required more reboots than my Nokia WP has. Do you get a lot of lock ups with your WP?

I was just poking fun at the accepted norm for each company. Nokia being the manufacturer of phone hardware that can survive the Apocalypse, and Microsoft being unable to make bug free software.

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul

Yea I guess I just question whether that's really the norm these days. WP real challenge is apps.. not the stability of the OS. Yea I know that's not the ancient joke about BSOD.. but at some level that's like making fun of Ford for the Pinto.

In other news... Uncle Paul is found to literally suck the fun out of a room.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Even making fun of Ford for Pinto doesn't really quite capture it. It's more like the fatal rollover problem Ford Explorer's experienced that many believe were caused by failure of Firestone tires.

BSODs were often caused by poor hardware drivers. Granted, Microsoft's NT architecture, which allowed drivers to run in privileged OS rings, didn't help matters but I believe they did this to gain performance. In the NT days, x86 processors weren't anywhere near as powerful as even today's most anemic smart phone processors.

Jim Gurd
Premium Member
join:2000-07-08
Livonia, MI

Jim Gurd

Premium Member

said by rradina:

It's more like the fatal rollover problem Ford Explorer's experienced that many believe were caused by failure of Firestone tires.

For the record, it was because Ford told drivers to set the tires at 26 PSI instead of 35 and the tires overheated as a result causing blowouts.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

True but Ford did the same thing with the Goodyear tires. However, Goodyear added an extra polyester belt to prevent tread separation.