uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

Where is the mail forum?

I can't find the mail forum. (It's very late and I'm tired so maybe I just don't see it on the All Forums page). DSLR mail is my preferred mail. A little while ago, I was not able to send mail but was receiving. In Thunderbird and SM mail, I was using my ISP's SMTP server but suddenly that no longer worked with dslr mail. So, I tried dslr SMTP server and port 587 would not work nor would port 25.

Why does DSLR mail suddenly need port 0 for SMTP server when using Thunderbird or SeaMonkey mail but uses port 25 when using Opera mail?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
It's right here. It's been consolidated.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2
reply to Mele20
I'm seeing it at

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/mail

Old Forums > Beta test of mail system

although it may now be for historic purposes and it seems to redirect here.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to tmpchaos
What do you mean? It is now the "Feedback" forum?

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to StuartMW
I have to use Opera 12.15 to see the Forums list since Justin's changes (other browsers don't work right) and on Opera there is no "Old forums". I see the forums have all been rearranged into very confusing categories but there is no "Old forums" anywhere on the page.

Maybe because I don't use the secure site? Can you see the forum on regular dslr?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
I had (note tense) the forum in my Fav Forums list and it was showing as

Old Forums > Beta test of mail system

Using the link (posted above) for it REDIRECTS to this forum. In short there is no longer a "Beta test of mail system" forum. If you try to go there (if it was bookmarked etc) you end up in THIS forum.
--

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
reply to Mele20
Mail issues are a group inside feedback, all the mail forum topics are in feedback forum.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
Click for full size
said by justin:

Mail issues are a group inside feedback...

As shown above.
--

bluebaron2
Stuff Happens
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-01
North of 44
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Maybe because I don't use the secure site? Can you see the forum on regular dslr?

Yes right at the top of this very forum.

Just click on "mail". the forum will then filter out all posts that aren't tagged with "mail" and everything that's left is the Mail forum. In other words the Mail Forum is just a subset of the Feedback Forum now.

Does that help?
--
bb2

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. ~Bill Watterson

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
Yes. Thank you. I didn't see that last night. Last time I was in this forum (before I started this thread), it was the Bugs forum. I was tired and sleepy and didn't notice the changes there. I see them now. (I was trying to buy some software from one vendor and send a bug report to another vendor and both have this dslr mail address. Suddenly, I could not send using Thunderbird or Sea Monkey mail. It wasn't a good time to have email not work)!

I still don't understand why I suddenly have to use port 0 for sending mail.
--

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
There is no service, or mail service, listening on port 0, it is reserved.