spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

Re: [Raiding] Progression Thread 5.4 edition

Finally started and killed our first heroic boss. We downed Norushen 10man this weekend. We filled the missing 2 spots, geared them up in 3 weeks and now are running with it. I dont think WoD is going to drop any time soon, so we should get some good attempts in.

On a side note I went from being a mouse clicker and keyboard turner to full on Keybind and mouse turn. Lets just say that I am more than likely going to need a new keyboard from all the panic mashing.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

lol! Good for you for converting to keybinds! Once you get used to it you'll find you can do so much more than you could before.

Really? You got Norushen first? Congrats on the kill!

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
I can see the advantage of it for alot of things, still working the kinks out. I am slightly awkward with the move keys during my rotation. I cant seem to find the right combo of moving while pressing it. I am hoping to get use to it in the coming weeks. I am treating it as extra heroic mode.

Yeah, RL was pretty confident that we could make the DPS check. Worked out well for us. We are going to do Immer and Galakras next.

Thanks, it was nice to have a chance at gear again. I am hoping we can hold on to this 10 man team well into WoD.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Grats Mordred! Norushen was our first heroic kill as well. We've gone Norushen -> Immer -> Protectors -> Sha so far.

And we actually took a fair number of attempts on Galakras between Immer and Protectors but were unable to get him down. Which is a bit odd because many will say Galakras is easier than Sha for sure, and maybe even Protectors. But for whatever reason, we got hung up on him. And probably will skip him for now and work on Juggernaut then General and/or Shamans before going back.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

Depends on your comp as well. Ele Shaman/BM Hunter/Destro Lock can do decent AoE while still having the burst to down the tower grunt.

All depends on where your issues are, towers/waves or Galakras. Our comp is 2T/2H/2M/4R. We have two people whose job it is to take care of tower grunt (my BM hunter and a destro lock, although shaman has stepped in when he's been out) and stay up the hill the whole time. Priest pops up sometimes just to throw down the root talent, as sometimes you can manage to pull the grunt away before it fixates on the engineers. We have the first demolisher come in shortly after the miniboss spawn, and have it down before the drake wave. Everyone goes up the first tower, as the drakes are no real threat to the NPCs. Also go all the way up the tower so AoE can help whittle down those adds while you kill the miniboss. Then kill the adds that were in the tower. Early kills you'll probably want to be sending a tank/healer down before the rest of the adds are dead, but that depends on how close you are to the next wave. Everyone except a couple dps goes down after the inside tower adds are dead, as the guys who shoot off the top of the tower don't target people up top.

Then the two tower people get the grunts caught up in front of the second tower, we did usually lose the first wave of engineers early on, but if the stars have aligned, sometimes not. If you do, it's not really a big deal, just annoying. Gear at this point makes it a rare happening, but the priest does occasionally throw them some heals early on, or in between waves if/when we kill one before next spawns. Going up the second tower lately has just been me, tank, and healer, since there's a double shaman wave that shows up, and it was slowing us down for a bit. One needs focused while the other needs interrupted. Healer drops down when the tower miniboss is dead, but then we have a druid tank who's nigh unkillable by the adds. He drops down after the inside tower adds are dead and i finish off the rest of the archers. Then we wait until about 10-15 seconds before next wave spawns to drop the boss. Tank needs to let the shooters know when to drop her. You want to definately have any shaman dead, and any Bonecrusher nearly so before dropping.

for Galakras, raid should be in a Y formation with the second tank just out from in front. We point her back up the hill. Make sure you're close enough to have engaged the NPCs. People need to be stacked to the left and the right of the tail in melee range (just inside of targeting circle is best), close enough to each other than everyone's still in range of druid healing circle/shaman healing rain - which for us also puts everyone in range of rogue smoke bomb as well. Only back up enough so that the orb will go through the whole group on that side to minimize the amount of movement needed. If orb spawns are being lopsided - all on one side, for example - people need to occasionally run behind so the other side gets hit so that debuff doesn't get out of control. Hero/Lust and go to town, hopefully she drops before your raid does.

I recall our first kill was really close - druid tank with lots of stacks as warrior was dead and one healer and most of the dps dead as well.

Norushen vs. Immerseus first kind of depends on comp as well. Immerseus can be really random as well, depending on where the different slimes are, and how many times he spews on the raid. Good nights the slimes are stacked for dps and not far away and he never spews on you. Bad nights they all seem to favor one side or the other (or the very back) and he spews on you every time. If he's pointing right at you before he spews, get the hell out of the way (to the right, preferably) as if it starts right on you you'll take three hits from it right away and die.

Norushen is all in execution, and timing when you send people on trials. We have one tank pick up all the orbs except the second (off tank) and last (healer). Two healed. Druid is OP as you send them in for trial and get a boosted healing circle whole fight. First wave, healer and two dps. Then tank goes, as he's full from the first add that dies. Shortly before tank will escape or he'll kill his add (more likely with druid/monk tank) send in two dps, and they kill their big add AFTER they kill the small ones. If they happen to kill big add early before tank is free, that's okay. Just don't kill it yet. The AoE the add does while alive is a lot less than the damage a pulsing orb does. After second wave is out/adds dead, third wave of two more dps head in, which should mean all of your dps will be cleansed. After those big adds are dead, tank who's been collecting orbs will be full again, and goes in to be cleansed. After they're out, you go ahead and hero/lust, as you should be at/near 50%, and that's when you start getting the extra big guys at every 10%. So a cleansed tank can pick up four, and non-cleansed healer picks up the last one. Our first several kills we saw the graphic effect for Quarantine go off, but it didn't kill us. You actually have until they disappear. I think. Still close.

If you decide to send both healers to be cleansed, it needs to be done as early as possible, as Amalgamation's AoE increases in strength as the fight goes on. you can also arrange it so that both tanks get cleansed at some point, but we've noticed that the tank needs to have a hefty amount of self-healing - more so than cooldowns - to survive.