spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dopplertrix

@sbcglobal.net
reply to trparky

Re: U-Verse 45Mbps Tier Users NEEDED for speedtests...

The ping times seem to be really good for some people with this tier?

I'd like to see some results from »www.pingtest.net/ as well. Really tempting to get this upgrade instead of going with W.O.W. Both sides have so many negative things to say. Having a ~6 Mbps upload would be nice...

TestBoy
Premium
join:2009-10-13
Irmo, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·tw telecom

said by dopplertrix :

I'd like to see some results from »www.pingtest.net/ as well. Really tempting to get this upgrade instead of going with W.O.W. Both sides have so many negative things to say. Having a ~6 Mbps upload would be nice...

Your wish is my command....
»www.pingtest.net/result/85925809.png

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
reply to dopplertrix

said by dopplertrix :

Really good compared to what? With two separate physical VDSL connections, large data transfers should serialize out the interfaces in half the time of a single VDSL interface. But that is only relevant for large data packets with respect to the latency of the local loop. It should not really impact small ICMP ping packets. Regardless at 24-45Meg the serialization delay becomes quite negligible with respect to the overall end to end latency.

Whenever they decide to release the Power tier in DFW, I can do a before and after comparison to a few high profile sites. I highly doubt there will be a statistically significant difference. In fact, I would expect it to be darn near identical for the same L3 path.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

Click for full size
Real World Download Speed
And for shits and giggles, I decided to download a big file for a real world test.

Edit: And while downloading said "big file," I browsed the web at the same time. The sluggish behavior of the connection that I had with the 3801 while downloading wasn't present. It seems that this new NVG589 gateway is more capable of handling high throughput data transfers without wanting to keel over and die.
--
Tom
Tom's Tech Blog

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4

said by trparky:

...Edit: And while downloading said "big file," I browsed the web at the same time. The sluggish behavior of the connection that I had with the 3801 while downloading wasn't present. It seems that this new NVG589 gateway is more capable of handling high throughput data transfers without wanting to keel over and die.

That has also been my experience. Its multitasking capabilities are excellent.