uniqs
share rss forum feed

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO

I don't understand...

Why is BBR making such a big deal out of this story? Using 10TB+ in a month for a residential connection is absurd. That's a rate of 120TB/year which is quite a lot of data. It's obvious that those people going over that threshold are using their residential connections for webhosting or a seedbox.

Focus should remain on cable companies with their lower caps or cell phone companies with their ridiculous 2GB/month plans. Maybe 10 years from now we can complain about a 10TB cap, but for now I don't find this to be a big deal or newsworthy for that matter.
--
What smells like blue?

aciddrink

join:2000-08-26

1 recommendation

Lol I agree. 10TB is an absurd amount of data. On a very heavy month I'll consume maybe 200gb. On an average month it'll be half that.

I think the issue people are having here is the misuse of the clearly defined word "unlimited". Sure from a marketing standpoint its a powerful word. But its manipulative and misleading.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to Omega

said by Omega:

Why is BBR making such a big deal out of this story? Using 10TB+ in a month for a residential connection is absurd. That's a rate of 120TB/year which is quite a lot of data. It's obvious that those people going over that threshold are using their residential connections for webhosting or a seedbox.

Focus should remain on cable companies with their lower caps or cell phone companies with their ridiculous 2GB/month plans. Maybe 10 years from now we can complain about a 10TB cap, but for now I don't find this to be a big deal or newsworthy for that matter.

Oh no. 120 TB of data. That's just horrible... What will we do when the miners can't find any more data to dig up? The data cartel in the Middle East will start jacking up the prices of barrels of data. The horror!.