spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gravles

join:2012-10-19

[Cable] Anyone else in Ottawa having trouble getting a technicia

I phoned two weeks prior to my move to request a change of address for my cable Internet service. The gave me a date of August 28th in the morning. That day rolls around and no technician so I call up and they say they couldn't confirm the appointment and they would escalate and I would hear something by today, again nothing and no calls from Teksavvy until I call them. I call them again (35 minute hold each time) and they said they will escalate again but it will be another 4-5 days before they hear back from Rogers... Any one else having as much trouble as me getting connected? It will be at least two weeks without connection before this is resolved... I'm not too pleased right now...

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

Re: [Cable] Anyone else in Ottawa having trouble getting a techn

Rogers is currently backlogged with TPIA requests, no ETA when that will clear up. The only way to get connected right now is to go to Rogers directly.

Chops8

join:2008-04-03
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to gravles

said by gravles:

I'm not too pleased right now...

Patience is required due to the volume. If you can't wait then you'll have to find another ISP sadly.

gravles

reply to mlerner

Does Rogers give priority to their clients over TIPA providers? This backlog sounds like it could take a while to clear up given the time of year. As I work from home not having Internet is a bit of a desperate situation as I have already maxed out my data allowance on my mobile... Any creative solutions?

youneedhelp

@bell.ca

its student move time i posted about his weeks ago. what dont you people get this happens every year

Chops8

join:2008-04-03
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to gravles

said by gravles:

Any creative solutions?

I have 2:

1) Get a WIND Mobile data stick with Unlimited data (up to 10GB before throttle) - total cost about $70.

2) Switch to Rogers and be online within 1-5 days at your current TS rate (depending). Student deals are on for the rest of the month I believe.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to gravles

Yup there's definitely something going on. There was a chap in the Start forum who got serviced after a disconnect really quickly. Rogers seems to be really dumping on TekSavvy right now

Miniputt

join:2012-09-28
reply to gravles

Exact same story here. Been offline since August 29th.

Trying to get a tech to come and take a look is taking forever. They keep blaming Rogers but I really don't care who's fault it is anymore. All I know is that we're paying for a service that's not working and have had zero feedback or explanation to what's going on.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

The what's going on is Rogers dragging its feet for TekSavvy customers.

amoallim

join:2012-12-13
Orleans, ON
reply to gravles

Rogers customers are definitely not feeling any issues. My internet went out towards end if July. Took 1 week for technician to come out. He did nothing and I waited for 2 weeks for reschedule.

In the end I couldn't wait any longer and since I had Rogers t.v. I called in to complain about tv issue. Technician came out with 36 hours and fixed issue.

gravles

reply to Chops8

said by Chops8:

said by gravles:

Any creative solutions?

I have 2:

1) Get a WIND Mobile data stick with Unlimited data (up to 10GB before throttle) - total cost about $70.

2) Switch to Rogers and be online within 1-5 days at your current TS rate (depending). Student deals are on for the rest of the month I believe.

Thanks for the suggestions! I went with option one and am pretty pleased so far. Hoping teksavvy will rectify and compensate accordingly.

HaaPoo

join:2013-09-04
Kanata, ON
reply to gravles

Been without internet since Aug 22nd, no technician is showing up. This is very frustrating.

kanatamike

join:2013-07-19
Kanata, ON
kudos:1
reply to sbrook

Then why isn't Teksavvy lawyering up to fix this problem?

ottawaanon

@184.151.246.x
reply to HaaPoo

said by HaaPoo:

Been without internet since Aug 22nd, no technician is showing up. This is very frustrating.

That sounds like a nightmare. I've been out since August 29 and I thought I had it bad. Nobody is showing up and TS is never giving me updates.

Seriously I expect a full month credit. As you should too. I've never been without internet for longer than seven days while being at home.

TS you have a serious problem with technicians not showing up in Ottawa. Please fix this!!!! Put pressure on Rogers to do something about it!
Expand your moderator at work

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to kanatamike

Re: [Cable] Anyone else in Ottawa having trouble getting a techn

kanatamike, who says they aren't? But remember that the terms of service that Rogers has with TekSavvy were set up by Rogers and approved by the CRTC. TekSavvy had no say.

There is just NO way for TekSavvy to put pressure on Rogers other than drag them before the CRTC, and that's gonna take time.

It's a ludicrous situation.

csampson

join:2013-09-01
reply to gravles

Hi OP. Ottawan here too. Left for the long weekend (out of town). Came back on Sunday Sep 1st to see my modem wasn't getting any signal. Called, right away I knew someone would have to come and look at the wiring in the box since it is technically illegal to look yourself. Was told Tuesday or Wednesday but let's be honest, it will take weeks before TS can get a Rogers tech to go look at it. It's a pretty pathetic situation.