uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jen36

@comcast.net

1 edit

[Content] A New Network On Comcast? Scam

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZn6yFbDtoo

is this network real?

AUC America's Universal Channel that is premiering on Comcast?

SpHeRe31459

join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1

Re: A New Network On Comcast? Scam

First I've heard of it. It seems it is an NBC Universal channel normally sold for overseas cable/sat companies.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Channel

Doesn't seem to be any reason to bring it to the U.S. when all of the Universal owned channels that the content originates on are already on American cable/sat systems (i.e. NBC, USA, SyFy, E!, etc).

If you look at the video author's notes, it sounds more like it might just be a hypothetical demo of his work in the TV production industry (doing titles and promos), rather than a real thing.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
reply to Jen36

As someone who has been in professional video production, I can state that the clip is not professionally done. It doesn't even come up to demo reel quality. Just ignore it.

Frank32

join:2009-08-07

1 edit

Lots of mistakes:

- It uses the old Comcast logo, not the new Comcast NBC logo. Plus wouldn't it be Xfinity?

- The calendar starts with Monday on the left. Calendars in the US start with Sunday on the left.

I would guess the YouTube channel owner made it for fun or some sort of school animation project and has nothing to do with Comcast.

jagged

join:2003-07-01
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to Jen36

looks like this guy is just practicing his editing skills

tpkatl

join:2009-11-16
Dacula, GA
reply to Jen36

Market research. We're the crash test dummies. They're testing out the concept and the name to see if it has any traction.