IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

And fewer failed calls

Verizon might be more expensive but as someone who forks over $200 a month to VZW for six devices I would say its worth the cost. Their network is definitely more reliable.

Anon12334
@sbcglobal.net

Anon12334

Anon

said by IowaCowboy:

Verizon might be more expensive but as someone who forks over $200 a month to VZW for six devices I would say its worth the cost. Their network is definitely more reliable.

The network is more reliable no doubt, but your pricing is outdated. You must have an older family plan with some basic phones on the account. The only plans available to new customers today (the Share Everything plans), would be $280/mo bare minimum if they were all smartphones, $220 bare minimum if they were all basic phones. That's using the 500-MB-shared-between-all-six-devices plan that isn't even in their brochures because it's such a tiny amount of data. Of course that's before any taxes, fees, or company discounts, of which the discount would only apply to $40 of that bare-minimum $220 total.

You got a good deal going right now, no doubt. Just know that the vast majority of Verizon customers are paying much more per phone than you are. Please do keep that in mind when you make your argument of "they're worth the cost"

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

said by Anon12334 :

said by IowaCowboy:

The network is more reliable no doubt, but your pricing is outdated. You must have an older family plan with some basic phones on the account. The only plans available to new customers today (the Share Everything plans), would be $280/mo bare minimum if they were all smartphones, $220 bare minimum if they were all basic phones. That's using the 500-MB-shared-between-all-six-devices plan that isn't even in their brochures because it's such a tiny amount of data. Of course that's before any taxes, fees, or company discounts, of which the discount would only apply to $40 of that bare-minimum $220 total.

You got a good deal going right now, no doubt. Just know that the vast majority of Verizon customers are paying much more per phone than you are. Please do keep that in mind when you make your argument of "they're worth the cost"

Here is a breakdown of my lines:
4 GB of data ShareEverything
1 iPhone
2 dumb phones
1 iPad
1 iPad mini
1 4G MiFi 4510L

Anon12334
@sbcglobal.net

Anon12334

Anon

said by IowaCowboy:

Here is a breakdown of my lines:
4 GB of data ShareEverything -$70
1 iPhone - $40
2 dumb phones - $60
1 iPad - $10
1 iPad mini - another $10
1 4G MiFi 4510L - $20

Well I'll be damned, you were right, that adds up to $210 before taxes and fees. The iPads and Mifi threw off my math. My bad.

Though I would suggest removing the iPads entirely and just upgrading your Mifi 4510 to a newer model like the 55xx (I forgot the actual model number of the jetpack). Actually I have no idea why you have those two iPads attached to the account when you've already got a Mifi you're paying $20/month for the privilege of using. It all pulls from the same 4 GB pool anyway. I'm guessing it's a contract ETF issue.
Anon12334

Anon12334 to IowaCowboy

Anon

to IowaCowboy
I do apologize for being overly snappy in my response. I had a rough day today where I saved this 7-line Verizon customer thousands of dollars over the course of the next two years and still got bitched at because the transaction took half an hour longer than expected. Which wouldn't have happened if their poor credit score didn't require me to call in for manual review, and it's not like I have any control over their phone support line's hold times.

Thank god that's not the typical Verizon customer. It's just still on the top of my head, so... again, I'm sorry if I came across as a dick.
wkm001
join:2009-12-14

wkm001 to Anon12334

to Anon12334
If you aren't under contract I say get ride of the two iPads and the MiFi and upgrade the dumb phones to smart phones. Check out swappa.com or craigslist.org for good used phones. Your bill will be $10 less and all three smart phones will be able to turn on wifi sharing with that same 4GB of data for no extra charge.

Unless of course you have young kids that don't need a smart phone. Or don't want to put out the money for new or used smart phones...

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

said by wkm001:

Unless of course you have young kids that don't need a smart phone. Or don't want to put out the money for new or used smart phones...

The users of the dumb phones don't want and/or need smart phones. My mother is 57 years old and my grandmother is 81 years old. They are the users of the dumb phones. At $30 per month for unlimited talk and text (since I'm paying the data charge anyways) ain't bad. I got them both the Samsung Convoy II phones.