spc
uniqs
cferro
join:2003-07-27
Jersey City, NJ

cferro to gibsons4444

to gibsons4444

Re: [Speed] Comcast Upgrade to Extreme 105

I would pay the install fee, and enjoy the increased bandwidth, I am sure the fee helps pay for a tech person with a higher skill level.

gibson4444
@comcast.net

gibson4444

Anon

Great news, I was able to get upgrade to the Extreme 105 plan and didn't have to pay install fee. Here's what I did, I call the generic Comcast number and told them I wanted to upgrade again. For some reason, the CSR didn't have the ability to do it. I was told only Technical CSR? could do it. She transferred me to that department. I waited for about 15 minutes, when CSR came on, I told him I called yesterday to cancel the service appointment I had scheduled and the CSR not only cancelled the service appointment, she downgraded my service back to Blast. I told him I had already purchased a new router and cable modem and that I was 100% certain, I was already on the plan because of my speed test. I then told him I was 100% certain, the change could be made immediately without a service appointment by pushing a new config file to router. He agreed and made the change no questions asked. I just checked my account online and I don't have any service appointments scheduled and it shows I am on Extreme 105 plan. I am getting 195 to 225 Mbps hardwired from my Netgear R6300 router. All I can say is it totally depends on the CSR you are dealing with. I just got the Netgear A6200 adapter. Going to install it and see what speeds I can get wireless on 5Ghz network,,,

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Keep an eye on your bills. It wouldn't be the first time a waived fee was billed later anyway.

gibsons4444
@comcast.net

gibsons4444

Anon

That's a good point, I have my bill on Auto Pay and paperless, going to change both now so I get a bill every month. I installed the A6200 card and I am getting sick speeds on 5GHz Band. Downloads between 205 and 285 Mbps. That's crazy. I am going to buy a few refurbs A6200...... Wish I could update the wireless cards in all my wireless components, LOL