spc
uniqs

fluffybunny
@teksavvy.com

fluffybunny to fed up 2

Anon

to fed up 2

Re: [Cable] Best way to switch from Teksavvy to Start

you do realize that rogers is adding 2 weeks and not teksavvy, correct ? and start uses rogers same as teksavvy ?
youre better off switching technologies to DSL than switching from one IISP to another IISP using the same provider (rogers) or go directly to rogers who gives their own customers a higher priority anyway and cut out the IISP middleman (at least until the CRTC does something legal about IISP abuse from rogers).

fed up 2
@teksavvy.com

fed up 2

Anon

I do realize rogers is behind the delays. Regardless, I am thoroughly frustratd with the poor support techsavvy offers. An hour waiting on hold only to be put through a ridiculous set of tests only to be told they can't do anything and will have to wait for rogers.

At least with start, if it is exactly the same issue, I won't have to wait on hold for an hour and the tech support actually seems like they know what they are doing (unlike teksavvy). I'm not completely sure that it is a rogers issue completely as I do not see the same issues in the start forum as the teksavvy forum. I think teksavvy might be having some issues on their own side of the network ... as much as marc likes to lay the blame at rogers feet. I guess by switching I will know for sure.
fed up 2

fed up 2 to fluffybunny

Anon

to fluffybunny
I do realize rogers is behind the delays. Regardless, I am thoroughly frustratd with the poor support techsavvy offers. An hour waiting on hold only to be put through a ridiculous set of tests only to be told they can't do anything and will have to wait for rogers.

At least with start, if it is exactly the same issue, I won't have to wait on hold for an hour and the tech support actually seems like they know what they are doing (unlike teksavvy). I'm not completely sure that it is a rogers issue completely as I do not see the same issues in the start forum as the teksavvy forum. I think teksavvy might be having some issues on their own side of the network ... as much as marc likes to lay the blame at rogers feet. I guess by switching I will know for sure.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to fluffybunny

to fluffybunny
said by fluffybunny :

you do realize that rogers is adding 2 weeks and not teksavvy, correct ? and start uses rogers same as teksavvy ?
youre better off switching technologies to DSL than switching from one IISP to another IISP using the same provider (rogers) or go directly to rogers who gives their own customers a higher priority anyway and cut out the IISP middleman (at least until the CRTC does something legal about IISP abuse from rogers).

not exactly my experience going from TSI to Start. being able to reach support and have them follow up with Rogers is the first step in getting your issues fixed.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to fed up 2

Mod

to fed up 2
No you won't know for sure ... Rogers really seems to be playing games right now, responding reasonably to Start, but badly to TekSavvy. But then, right now heading for 300,000 customers, TekSavvy (granted not all of them are rCable) but they are becoming a significant competitor. Start on the other hand is much less a thorn in Rogers side. Conclusions?

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul

Agree with this. And it bites people in the ass (customers, TSI, everyone).

I may go back to them when things settle down or the CRTC gets involved, or something lawyerish happens, but til then, better to go to a smaller IISP.