spc
Search similar:

uniqs

blackhaww07
@46.19.230.x

blackhaww07

Anon

Plex Buffering after changing to a new Linksys Router

So two days ago I purchased a brand new Linksys EA4500 which is among others DLNA certified. Before the new purchase I've had the good ol' WRT54G which worked perfectly (never had any buffering on Plex - even on 1080p) but I switched it because of the new model's USB port and extended wireless range.

After installing the new EA4500 and trying to watch a 1080p movie, I now get the buffering wheel from time to time, which is of course annoying after being used to a flawless Plex experience.

Is there anything that I should watch out for on the router configuration and/or plex settings that can fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

P.S. I watch the movies on a Samsung Smart TV which is connected to the router via a Sweex homeplug.

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova

Is the router your dlna server, or is the dlna server elsewhere on the network? If the latter, then how is the server connected to the router? By wire? Is it on a different vlan from the tv?

If we assume the simplest scenario, where the dlna server is connected the the router's LAN port by wire, and the tv is connected to another LAN port by homeplug, and you haven't separated them by a vlan, then there are only two reasonable explanations. Either something else on your network has changed and you didn't mention it, or your new router has a malfunctioning switch.

edit: so why is this in the wireless forum when you didn't mention anything using wireless in your setup?