3 edits

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

Outage Report DSL/Cable 09/04/2013 5:27PM -**Update**

Hello Everyone,

DSL customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

-- St-Andrews
-- Oshweken

We are currently experiencing service interruptions with our cable internet service in the following areas;

• Comstock POI, Scarborough - RF issue - reported on 9/3/2013
• Comstock POI, Scarborough - DHCP issue - reported on 8/29/2013

We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to resolve these issues ASAP.

Thank you.
TSI Shawn S
simon0t7
join:2012-10-04
Mississauga, ON

simon0t7

Re: Outage Report DSL/Cable 09/04/2013 7:30AM - Morning

Has Mississauga Wolfdale been fixed? Spoke with CSR last night and he acknowledged that there is still an issue.
Tried the internet this morning before I went to work and it was still off (5AM EST)

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS

Premium Member

Hello simon0t7,

Thank you for your question.

The issue may still be ongoing however we need customers to call and troubleshoot so that we can open more tickets. A minimum of 5 repair tickets are required for us to add it to the official outage report.

As of yesterday, the Wolfdale POI DHCP issue in Mississauga was no longer considered a master issue. If you are still experiencing an issue please contact our technical support or send us a message in the »/fo ··· avdirect Forum to troubleshoot.

Thank you
TSI Shawn S

WWM
Divi filius
Premium Member
join:2002-12-19
Mississauga

WWM to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
Definitely still down at Wolfedale. The modem had some "action" last night and there were a few new log entries I hadn't seen before but no IP.
MelanCola
join:2013-08-26
Mississauga, ON

MelanCola to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Yeah, I'm still down in Wolfedale. I should have a ticket open but I'm not completely sure as my post in Direct hasn't been replied to. I've also been communicating with CSR on Twitter.
Dee from L5M
join:2013-09-03
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Dee from L5M to ShawnS

to ShawnS
I'm in the L5M/Wolfedale area and have been offline since August 21. I was set up for a call back by TSI Jonathan last night for 6pm. When a TSI rep called, he said I had an open ticket (One open a week and a half ago) and that it was escalated yesterday at 1:00 pm. I told him I was told to troubleshoot but he said there was no need and that was all he could do. Should I call back in later today and get another repair ticket? Felt like a complete waste of time and felt he was a bit dismissive.

Edit: Forgot to add that I'm still offline in Wolfedale despite information stating it was running no longer an issue.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Let me double check on this, I'll get back to you.
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

xdrag to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
anything going on in McNicoll POI?
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger

Premium Member

said by xdrag:

anything going on in McNicoll POI?

Not for me (however, speedboost is dead)
simon0t7
join:2012-10-04
Mississauga, ON

simon0t7 to ShawnS

to ShawnS
Hi Shawn, I should have an open ticket still......called last night and send an email
bjc1984
join:2012-12-04
Waterloo, ON

bjc1984

Myself and several others have been down in Waterloo all morning for the second time in a week.

Melaniemad
@terago.net

Melaniemad to TSI Jonathan

Anon

to TSI Jonathan
I am in L5J and have also been down since Aug 21st. I had a ticket but I don't know the status on it since I'm not sure if this "master issue" notice means my ticket was closed automatically. I have been trying the teksavvy forum and twitter since yesterday, and the phone is just giving a busy signal. What else can I do?
JHFS
join:2012-03-05
Mississauga, ON

JHFS to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Also in Mississauga Wolfdale, my internet has been out since last night around 8pm. Started a thread in the support forum already. I was wondering if there are other Mississauga users start to experience issues since last night.
Dee from L5M
Mississauga, ON

Dee from L5M

You're lucky if yours only went out last night. I've been offline since August 21st and some have been offline longer.
JHFS
join:2012-03-05
Mississauga, ON

JHFS

I know. It sucks for all of us, but your experience definitely has been a lot more frustrating.

A month ago I experienced an outage lasting just a day which was quite widespread (many people have reported outage in the same area), so I was just wondering if the outage I'm experiencing is as widespread as a month ago.

I hope your problem gets fixed soon. Not having internet for 2 weeks and counting definitely sucks... Are you aware of any other people in your area having outage as well?
DarkReaper
join:2008-02-28
Toronto, ON

DarkReaper to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Down since 21st in L5A Mississauga. I don't see how this issue is resolved at all
Dee from L5M
Mississauga, ON

Dee from L5M to JHFS

to JHFS
If you look up other forum posts, you'll see that everyone on the Wolfedale POI has been SOL for quite some time.

EDIT: »maps.google.com/maps/ms? ··· 0.002486

Check that link to see the POI's for Southern Ontario. Someone else posted this earlier.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

Not everyone has been SOL. I've got no issues other than a delayed upgrade to 150/10. It sucks for everyone that is having issues though.

L5M_Bdog
@fidelity.com

L5M_Bdog to ShawnS

Anon

to ShawnS
L5M mississauga area - Lost cable internet 21Aug, still down today 2weeks later. TSI keeps saying resolved, it is definitely NOT. Opened a ticket, Rogers came back saying its resolved. IT IS NOT!! I asked TSI if I need to open a new ticket and troubleshoot? They say no need.

Dunno what else I can do? Its very frustrating, and get this - just got an email saying my monthly deduction is due. Very aggravating this whole situation !!!

For once - give us a direct answer.
monsoon66
join:2007-01-13
Toronto, ON

monsoon66 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Don't know what's taking Rogers so long to sort this out.

I bet they could have had a new POI up and running by now...

jm123
@steelcar.com

jm123 to L5M_Bdog

Anon

to L5M_Bdog
I am in the same situation as you. I dont understand why they say its resolved when i hear of no one saying that their internet is running back up again. That has happened about 5 times. It seems as if they are not testing to see if it works or not. Now its been half a month and still no internet. Teksavvy says they will only credit me for the downtime which is not acceptable. I should get credited for more because of all the delays ive had on my work and school with this outage.

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS to simon0t7

Premium Member

to simon0t7
said by simon0t7:

Hi Shawn, I should have an open ticket still......called last night and send an email

Hello simon0t7,

If you already have a ticket opened, you are not required to open another as your ticket should still be getting worked on.

For those who have not submitted a ticket. Please contact us by phone or send us a message in the »/fo ··· avdirect Forum.

Thank you
TSI Shawn S
suolin8
join:2013-06-10

suolin8 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Can someone clarify for me what "DHCP issue" means, please? My modem lights are on and solid but have no internet. Sorry if it's a noob question...
Dee from L5M
Mississauga, ON

Dee from L5M to TSI Jonathan

to TSI Jonathan
Any word on what's going on with Wolfedale? Do I follow up and troubleshoot? Did you guys get 5 tickets to add to an outage report? I find there has been minimal communication regarding Wolfedale since it's been considered sorted.
david_x_lee
Mississauga, ON

david_x_lee to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
L5N in Mississauga. Cable Internet. Still not working.

Internet down since August 26. Still no IP (DHCP issue?) from modem. I am between a dial-up connection and Mississauga library WiFi to get to Internet now. By the way, the library WiFi connection is very fast: 22M download and 17M upload.

I believe my connection belongs to the Wolfdale POI. I don't understand what does it mean Wolfdale POI is not a master issue. Does this statement come from Rogers or TSI? What should customers like me to do if we still have no connection?

Registered to DSLReports.com yesterday and was hoping I would never need to post a complain here. Now I am very confused by the message TSI posted on this site and the technical support phone line message.

David

Tek_user
@rogers.com

Tek_user to ShawnS

Anon

to ShawnS
The DHCP issue still exist in Mississauga.
I still do not have internet access as of this morning.
It is getting more ridicule. It has been over two weeks and they still can not resolve the issue.
They keep having excuses that it is not their problem and its Rogers.
I am wonder who am I paying.... Obviously not Rogers.... I am paying Teksavvy!!!!
I ask for a compensation before and they said only down time. I call today ask to cancel they service and they said there will be no refund and no compensation.....

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
Hey guys,

This thread helps identify what is currently known as a master outage. It doesn't mean no other outages exist (example Wolfdale - Mississauga). If an outage in your area is not listed, then we need to open tickets. The best way of doing so is calling in and if that is not an option, then posting in the TekSavvy Direct Forum works.

FYI.. We have are a couple of tickets short for opening a master for Wolfdale - Mississauga RF and also a DHCP.

Thanks,

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre

Premium Member

To add to this, we are working on a solution to better report publicly outages our customers may be experiencing, like a visual page. This is not ready but is being investigated.

L5K
@teksavvy.com

L5K to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
Please stop wasting our time by telling us to call in. I've called about 6-7 times already and gotten the response that my ticket was 'fixed' by Rogers and since it was obviously not, Teksavvy had to 'send it back'.

Teksavvy should do at least some testing from their side before placing the full responsibility of reporting a CONTINOUS 2 WEEK MASTER OUTAGE in Mississauga on their customers.

You're running a business not a charity. Please admit your faults at least and offer us proper compensation.

Tek_User
@rogers.com

Tek_User

Anon

Apparently my ticket was open for over 2weeks already and they still haven't resolved the issue and told me they are still waiting on Rogers. Well that your issue with Rogers not mine. If I wanted to go with Rogers issue I would of just sign up with Rogers. They keep on saying they are trying their best. But two weeks it really unacceptable down time. I ask them when will it be resolve first time they said 24h-48h and it has already been a week now. I ask to end their service and ask to compensation my for the downtime but they said we can not compensate you until the issue is resolved. Then I ask when will it be resolved? We don't know. What a great answer so it could be another week or another month. With no service and no compensation. Paying for nothing and wasting time calling to reach a support person. Had call 5 times now each time waited 45min to talk to a rep not including wait time transferring you to another rep. Now do the calculation.