North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

4 edits
reply to criggs

Re: Pricing Increased

said by criggs:

By the way, with the increase in price, it is odd that Millenicom has not increased their data cap beyond their current 50 gigs. It makes them less competitive with Wireless 'n' WiFi then they might otherwise be, though of course their startup fees continue to be lower than WnW and, of course, WnW has no BYOD plan.

One possible reason for the price increase is an increase by their upstream carriers on a new contract between Millenicom, Sprint and Verizon. We see that all the time between broadcasters and the re-broadcasters such as cable and satellite. Of course this is just conjecture on my part as I don't know the real reasons. It could be that Millenicom needs to improve it's financial bottom line.

There would be no need for Millenicom to change the plans as it will not make them more or less competitive. Somebody looking for internet access and has no other choices will subscribe to their service even at $80/mo.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

said by Jack_in_VA:

There would be no need for Millenicom to change the plans as it will not make them more or less competitive. Somebody looking for internet access and has no other choices will subscribe to their service even at $80/mo.

Except folks don't have "no other choices." They have WnW, which offers a higher cap for the same monthly amount (though with significantly stiffer startup fees). So Millenicom DOES have a means to "make them more...competitive" (by increasing their cap) which, for whatever reason, they have chosen not to do.

Let me make it clear that I'm not necessarily saying that WnW is a better deal for everyone than Millenicom. Millenicom offers both the BYOD and much lower startup fees. As long as one's usage does not regularly flirt with, or go over, the 50 gig level, Millenicom is obviously the better deal. However, for those don't belong in that category, it's tough to argue that a plan offering a 50 gig cap at $80 a month is competitive with a plan offering a 100 gig cap at precisely the same monthly amount.

Diugo

@blackberry.net

Am I looking at the same WnW? I see WnW $59/mo compared to Mcom now $80/mo---HUGE difference. And startup fees are WnW $137 vs Mcom $165.

As a current customer of neither, I certainly would like to see a separate forum for WnW.

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

said by Diugo :

Am I looking at the same WnW? I see WnW $59/mo compared to Mcom now $80/mo---HUGE difference.

You're looking at their 3G/WiMax plan. Their web site is a little confusing. Look at the Important Links column on the left. You will see, further down, something called Unlimted [misspelling theirs] 4G LTE at www.wirelessnwifi.com/Unlimted-4G-LTE?zenid=qrq7mtf1d01son5n6gg40in4b5 . That's the three-way 3G/WiMax/LTE plan, and that runs the same as Millenicom, $79.99.

said by Diugo :

As a current customer of neither, I certainly would like to see a separate forum for WnW.

Thank you!!!

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

NM

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Duplicate NM

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to Diugo

There is not enough volume for WnW to have a separate forum. At best it could be added to the Ad-Hoc forum, but even that is doubtful
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

jimbotron1

@verizon.net
reply to criggs

For WnW, 3G usage on the 4G unlimited plan is limited to 5G/mo (unlimited 3G plan is no longer available); Millenicom Unlimited plan mentions 50G limit with no such distinction, which I take to mean either 3G or 4G -- is that correct? That makes up a lot of the price difference for me since the tower by my house is not yet 4G.

What network do these plans use? We do have Verizon 4G LTE nearby....

bcltoys

join:2008-07-21
Lost today

Sprint

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

2 edits
reply to jimbotron1

said by Anon80:

For WnW, 3G usage on the 4G unlimited plan is limited to 5G/mo

WnW told me that the 3G limit is 35 gigs, not 5 gigs. That's confirmed at »www.wirelessnwifi.com/Unlimted-4···eh4u2lp0 where it specifically states "3G usage limited to 35 GB per month."