uniqs

SHY
0x27
Premium Member
join:2010-06-21

SHY

Premium Member

[Television] Today I am Videotron Free!

I have cut the last remaining tie to Videotron as of today. My television service has been replaced by an OTA antenna for free HD channels, and an apple TV with subscriptions from Netflix and HuluPlus. My grand total for these services along with a VPN that shows me as an American is $21 per month. My old cable bill was $80/monthly.

On another note, I now have a model 8642 PVR for sale if anyone is interested. It is only one year old and in excellent working condition. If there is any interest in purchase, please PM me. I am in the west end of Montreal, but I can be flexible to meet.
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC

julienvf

Congrats!
MrBabou
join:2006-08-16
Gatineau

MrBabou to SHY

to SHY
Reminds me of how I felt when I became Bell-free...

Good for you if those services suits your needs. It sure lowered your cable bill quite a bit.
rudyrednose
join:2012-05-30

rudyrednose to SHY

to SHY
Congratulations !

I am about to go OTA (installation is scheduled) and I have a side question. I will have 3 8642 and 1 4642 for sale.

What would be a reasonable asking price for those 2 models, all of them are mint condition.

One of the 8642 has a 1TB disk.

Cheers !

pducharme
Premium Member
join:2010-06-29
Sherbrooke, QC

pducharme to SHY

Premium Member

to SHY
Last week, I sold :

8642HD with 500GB for 150$
8642HD with 1TB for 180$

I still have my 2 Scientific 4250HD asking 40$/each...

It gives you an idea of the street value.

SHY
0x27
Premium Member

SHY

Premium Member

:
said by pducharme:

Last week, I sold :

8642HD with 1TB for 180$

That's it lad.....post out in the open to drive down prices.....

BingoRingo
join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC

BingoRingo to pducharme

to pducharme
said by pducharme:

Last week, I sold :

8642HD with 1TB for 180$

I think that was too low. In Gatineau at least, I've been shopping for a 4642 and $130 was the lowest I found after many weeks; a PVR was at least $200.
GRT6
join:2007-10-14
canada

GRT6 to SHY

to SHY
Few questions. You say you cut ties with Videotron but where do you get you internet ? Apple TV and any other streaming content you get (Smart TV, streaming boxes, etc.) all require an internet.

Also, it's good that you have Apple TV, but keep in mind NETFLIX and other, sucks bandwidth which is not unlimited. So if you
are a heavy streaming content user you might be paying just as much if not more than you paid before.

Unless you are subscribed to another internet provider, please do share.....

SHY
0x27
Premium Member

SHY

Premium Member

said by GRT6:

Few questions. You say you cut ties with Videotron but where do you get you internet ? Apple TV and any other streaming content you get (Smart TV, streaming boxes, etc.) all require an internet.

Also, it's good that you have Apple TV, but keep in mind NETFLIX and other, sucks bandwidth which is not unlimited. So if you
are a heavy streaming content user you might be paying just as much if not more than you paid before.

Unless you are subscribed to another internet provider, please do share.....

I am presently with Electronicbox and I am running tests for the month of September to see how the new services will affect my cap. I'm hoping it won't be a problem, but if it is, I have a backup plan ready to go.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

You've broken into your neighbour's Wi-Fi router?

SHY
0x27
Premium Member

SHY

Premium Member

said by milnoc:

You've broken into your neighbour's Wi-Fi router?

Not quite
SHY

SHY

Premium Member

My 8642 was sold today but I still have an 8300 PVR left if anyone is interested. Price is negotiable. Just PM me and let me know.

anonoune
@regika.com

anonoune to SHY

Anon

to SHY
The 20Mbits/10 from ebox will cover your needs easely. I have the 500gigs plan and have no problem streaming everything. Don't forget that with a vpn you can stream the free local tv from abroad, like Itv(uk).