Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Craig M

join:2007-09-08
Toronto, ON
reply to psubaru

Re: [Cable] Good bye Teksavvy

I do know the feeling, this is the second time in a year I've been hit by a 3+ day outage, which in 2013 is completely unacceptable. I don't necessarily blame Teksavvy as they're at the mercy of the incumbents, but that shouldn't be my problem.

The two people to whom I recommended TS in the past have already left due to issues like these.

Sadly I find it impossible to believe this hasn't been done -- or at least let to go on so long -- on purpose. ANY network tech worth anything would have had this sorted in a day, two at most. Rogers just isn't trying, knowing full well TS will bleed customers during the downtime. The last big outage like this was over another high-traffic long weekend - around Christmas if memory serves.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by Craig M:

I do know the feeling, this is the second time in a year I've been hit by a 3+ day outage, which in 2013 is completely unacceptable.

Who defined 6+ days out of 365 days of the year without internet as unacceptable? I'm not doubting each experience was not frustrating, I just went through my 4th DHCP related outage. But I don't remember a ToS spelling out the exact number of days I was guaranteed service. Nor would the IT industry agree with you either on a few outages a year, not for residential services. 98.4% uptime is still a pretty high number. 5 9s is something you only see in enterprise environments.

Just because technology keeps advancing, doesn't make it mandatory or absolutely necessary to live life.