Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to psubaru

Re: [Cable] Good bye Teksavvy

I have to agree with the OP that the phone CSR has definitely gone way down and the CSR in general is not as great.

I've had some CSR with some attitude issues that I've never encountered before. Perhaps a little too fast, too quickly and the people they hire don't care as much anymore.

I remember back 5-6 years ago, i would call TSI and get an INSTANT answer from a competent tech support. (maybe it was Marc? ) We would be done the call in 5 minutes and I felt happy at the end of it. The talk would be very informal, easy going, almost like a conversation. Professional but unprofessional at the same time.

I'm sure Marc has that spirit and a few others employees (Andre for example) that are active here. I'm hoping that the original "spirit of TSI" hasn't been diluted in this bulls*t and company size.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
xdrag, you need to understand that it's easy to say that support quality has declined, but it's another matter to sit on a phone for hour after hour knowing that as soon as you hang up this call, your phone is going to ring with the next call and the next and the next, and 90% of them will complain about their wait time and 70% will have problems you can't do much about!

It's easy for us to be armchair quarterbacks ... it's another to walk a mile in their shoes. Without hiring a lot of people that they will probably have to lay off when things quiet down, it's hard to cope with the kind of volumes they are currently dealing with.

5-6 years ago, TekSavvy didn't fight with Rogers and had only a fraction of the customers they have today.

deal1

join:2010-12-27
Mississauga
TSI should at the very least ROBO-call their open ticket holders and let them know that they are aware of their outstanding ticket and appologize proactively about the delay. That would reduce the incoming frustrated calls by a fairly large percentage.

If people open tickets for something as simple as a speed change and are led to believe by the system messages that it should be completed in a week then they should expect a frustrated call by the time two weeks run by and the change isn't made and no attempt to contact is made.

It is not true to suggest all these issues are out of their control. There are things they could be doing to make their customers experience better and if they did these things they would have less work to do managing pissed off customers and processing cancellations.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
Again, armchair quarterbacking ... when you're in the middle of it and up to your eyeballs trying to keep up with abnormal scenarios, you generally don't have the time to do anything but carry on with what you're trying to do. When you're surrounded by a pack of wolves, your focus is on defending yourself from wolves before they kill you! Not on how to protect the compound from the wolves.

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

4 edits
reply to sbrook
said by sbrook:

xdrag, you need to understand that it's easy to say that support quality has declined, but it's another matter to sit on a phone for hour after hour knowing that as soon as you hang up this call, your phone is going to ring with the next call and the next and the next, and 90% of them will complain about their wait time and 70% will have problems you can't do much about!

It's easy for us to be armchair quarterbacks ... it's another to walk a mile in their shoes. Without hiring a lot of people that they will probably have to lay off when things quiet down, it's hard to cope with the kind of volumes they are currently dealing with.

5-6 years ago, TekSavvy didn't fight with Rogers and had only a fraction of the customers they have today.

I agree that "armchair" quarterbacking is easy. Hindsight is 20/20. I also wrote to the CRTC and the Ministry of Office voicing my concerns with Rogers. But i'm going to play the devil's advocate here.

But I think you would agree that giving the "damsel in distress" answer is not going to fly with a lot of customers anymore especially for those who have been without service for weeks.

I know Marc and everyone at TSI is all ape-shit about this too but as you said, this company has matured and diversified over the 5-6 years. It's no longer the internet virtuoso that's a TSI customer.

They have to be able to maintain their quality and not just grow their quantity. That's the thing I want to address. Although TSI's vendor are giving them unjustified problems, they can't be blaming an unreliable source if they want to become an ISP front-runner. Yes, the problem is TSI's vendor, but they should be expecting or handing these issues.

If even Rogers and Bell want to screw TSI over, they need a plan B (which Marc is hinting at). We want quality from TSI. Even if there are a fewer of us, as long as they have quality, people will want to stay and pay. Rogers is relevant but should become irrelevant if TSI does a good job managing a "bad" partner.

Are they growing a little to fast? Is this why rogers and bell are targetting them? And thus, sacrificing quality. The start customers seem to be all quiet and flying under the radar.

I support TSI and have referred many friends to them but I really want to see them handle these outages better so I can continue to have faith in their service. Right now there's just description: Fear of rCable.. Hopefully proactive rather than reactive.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by xdrag:

Yes, the problem is TSI's vendor, but they should be expecting or handing these issues.

[emphasis above is mine]

This is the most frustrating part of all this... watching all this shit happen to a good company and watching that company kind of buckle under the load and get all quiet whilst their thumbs start jamming at the blame button. Not a peep from CNOC meanwhile, which I'm kind of getting used to now. All the noise is coming from here.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
I don't really think that CNOC is a particularly useful lobby group. They were a good idea IF they were active all the time in the TPIA arena ... but it seems they're only there when there's a proceeding before the CRTC. So, I don't expect any assistance from them.

To quote Monty Python "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition" and whilst I'm sure there have been hints that this dilema might happen, it came out of the blue along with the Rogers hassles from the storms in Toronto. It's really hard to prepare for the unexpected.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by sbrook:

I don't really think that CNOC is a particularly useful lobby group. They were a good idea IF they were active all the time in the TPIA arena ... but it seems they're only there when there's a proceeding before the CRTC. So, I don't expect any assistance from them.

I know right?

Looking at their objectives:

»cnoc.ca/pages/objectives

... if what's going on now doesn't interest them, man, I sure hope membership is free.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

youneedhelp

@bell.ca
reply to sbrook
you going to delete this one bill

the point is when the people taking the calls know its an inside issue that is what making them lie to the people paying for the service all that harder

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
The people taking the calls may well know it's an X issue, but if it goes to Rogers and they say it's a problem with Y, what's the person taking the call to do? They aren't lying of their own volition. They are relaying what Rogers has replied.