how-to block ads
Online moving forms very confusing
I think the forms to submit a service address change need a serious overhaul.
They might make sense for TSI's customer support people, who fill them out every day, but for a regular user there are just way too many fields in there that are far from obvious, and you have to rely on guessing when filling them out.
With all the things that can go wrong during a move, I was very hesitant to use the form, lest one wrong field may screw up the whole thing.
I finally ran out of patience waiting for someone to pick up the phone at TSI, so I did use the form after all, but it would be good if the following items could be clarified on the form:
• New Phone Number: My new phone number? I don't know that one... I'd like to keep the current one, if possible. Or does this refer to the current phone number at the new address? But that's not a "new" number. It's the old one...
• Modem model Number: I have a Sagemcom, but it's not in the list. It seems though that, even though this form is for DSL moves, it still contains lots of entries that are only related to cable service (which makes it even more confusing).
• Modem MAC ID & Modem Customer Serial Number: Do we need this only for cable modems, or DSL modems as well?
• Location Type: Gives me such cryptic entries as "RM", "S" or "U", and I have no idea what I'm supposed to select there.
• Location Number: Same thing. Not a clue what this is supposed to be.
• Placed By: What was placed by whom? Since it's under "New Phone Line Information", does it refer to the old phone??? Or the order itself? But then why would it be in this sub-section?
I normally much prefer to submit request like this myself (and I guess TSI would too). That way I can be sure everything is entered correctly, but with that many mystery boxes, I shied away from it three times, since I didn't want to screw up an order by selecting a wrong "secret code"...
TSI AndreGot TekSavvy?Premium,VIP
Other than skinning them recently when we overhauled our main forms, they are pretty old with some patches on them.
I agree with you that they need to be updated.
We are actually working on overhauling the entire self-help solution which at that point, i believe would make everything "change" related happen in the customer portal.
Thanks for the feedback.
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence
TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)
Oh well... I'm ready to give up with TSI now as well.
After submitting the form I got a confirmation page that told me I would be contacted within 48 hours, either via phone or email, to confirm my move order.
Of course, now, two days later, neither of them happened - except I got two emails telling me to call TSI, because they're having trouble processing my order.
So I call, wait for 30 minutes until I reach somebody, and then I'm told they cannot find any move order by me!
Your guy (Mike) then tries to blame the problem on me, because I didn't submit TWO orders one for DSL, and one for the phone (even though there's no information on the online form that I have to do anything like that), and when he tries to enter the order manually, he tells me that there will be a $50 charge for the DSL move and ANOTHER $60 charge to move the phone!
There is no such indication of these charges in the online form, and who on Earth charges $60 to move a phone line?!
I'm ready now to call Bell, and just order a new line with them...
One screwup on top of another, and then these ridiculous fees. Come on, TSI, that's not why people picked you over the incumbents...
Posted an inquiry on the Direct forum, but no answer there, either.
I'm already down on page 3 there, and it looks like there are quite a few other people with similar issues (waiting for confirmations), so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up on getting this resolved...
I know they work backwards on the direct posts.. so the further down the older = answered sooner