spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Automate
join:2001-06-26
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

Automate

[Speed] What speeds should I be getting with Triple Play?

I'm in Atlanta with the HD PREFERRED PLUS XF Triple play? Nowhere on my bill or in the Comcast MyAccount portal can I find what speeds I should be getting.

depster
join:2001-06-07
Grand Rapids, MI

depster

Re: What speeds should I be getting with Triple Play?

50/10 with the HD Preferred + Package
Automate
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

Automate

Thanks, SamKnows is consistently showing 36 down and 2 up.

I have a ubee DVM3203B modem. Does this screen shot tell what speeds it is provisioned at?
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

Nope, that shows the theoretical max speed per interface, with most of them being the downstream and upstream channels. From the looks of it, you have 8 downstream channels, and 3 up (two being 16QAM, one 64QAM). Interesting screenshot though, the Ubee modems list stats I haven't seen on other ones .

Try running ShaperProbe a few times.
Automate
Atlanta, GA

Automate

Click for full size
Here is another one
Automate

Automate to Thordrune

to Thordrune
said by Thordrune:

Try running ShaperProbe a few times.

I'll try with a good computer when I get home. The only computer on the network now is very slow. I'm also using an old Linksys WRT54G router which may be the bottleneck.

SHoTTa35
@kfvaluation.com

SHoTTa35

Anon

WRT54G can't route more than that 36Mbps. The limit is the CPU. You need a faster router to handle speeds faster than that.
Automate
Atlanta, GA

Automate

said by SHoTTa35 :

WRT54G can't route more than that 36Mbps. The limit is the CPU. You need a faster router to handle speeds faster than that.

Yes, but my upload speed at 2Mbs is percentage wise much further from the 10Mbs I should be getting. So I'm thinking I may have another problem
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

The WRT54G's stock firmware isn't that great. Definitely try it without the router in the loop. Power cycle the modem as well, otherwise it won't work.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk to Automate

to Automate

Re: [Speed] What speeds should I be getting with Triple Play?

If you are going to buy a new router check out this website for router reviews. »www.smallnetbuilder.com. If you have any questions we'll be happy to help you.
Automate
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

Automate to Thordrune

to Thordrune

Re: What speeds should I be getting with Triple Play?

said by Thordrune:

The WRT54G's stock firmware isn't that great.

I've been using Tomato Firmware v1.27.

I had forgotten about setting up QoS. The way Tomato upload QoS works is you specify your internet upload speed and the router reserves a portion of this for high priority packets. Well, I had set it up way back when my upload speed was 2 Mbps. After re-configuring it for my current speeds my SamKnows upload speeds jumped to 11 Mbps where they should be.

Problem solved!