how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Automate

join:2001-06-26
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

[Speed] What speeds should I be getting with Triple Play?

I'm in Atlanta with the HD PREFERRED PLUS XF Triple play? Nowhere on my bill or in the Comcast MyAccount portal can I find what speeds I should be getting.

depster

join:2001-06-07
united state

Re: What speeds should I be getting with Triple Play?

50/10 with the HD Preferred + Package

Automate

Atlanta, GA

1 edit
reply to Automate
Thanks, SamKnows is consistently showing 36 down and 2 up.

I have a ubee DVM3203B modem. Does this screen shot tell what speeds it is provisioned at?

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
Nope, that shows the theoretical max speed per interface, with most of them being the downstream and upstream channels. From the looks of it, you have 8 downstream channels, and 3 up (two being 16QAM, one 64QAM). Interesting screenshot though, the Ubee modems list stats I haven't seen on other ones .

Try running ShaperProbe a few times.
--
KI6RIT

Automate

Atlanta, GA
reply to Automate
Click for full size
Here is another one

Automate

Atlanta, GA
reply to n_w95482
said by n_w95482:

Try running ShaperProbe a few times.

I'll try with a good computer when I get home. The only computer on the network now is very slow. I'm also using an old Linksys WRT54G router which may be the bottleneck.

SHoTTa35

@kfvaluation.com
WRT54G can't route more than that 36Mbps. The limit is the CPU. You need a faster router to handle speeds faster than that.

Automate

Atlanta, GA
said by SHoTTa35 :

WRT54G can't route more than that 36Mbps. The limit is the CPU. You need a faster router to handle speeds faster than that.

Yes, but my upload speed at 2Mbs is percentage wise much further from the 10Mbs I should be getting. So I'm thinking I may have another problem

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
The WRT54G's stock firmware isn't that great. Definitely try it without the router in the loop. Power cycle the modem as well, otherwise it won't work.
--
KI6RIT

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
reply to Automate

Re: [Speed] What speeds should I be getting with Triple Play?

If you are going to buy a new router check out this website for router reviews. »www.smallnetbuilder.com. If you have any questions we'll be happy to help you.

Automate

Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to n_w95482

Re: What speeds should I be getting with Triple Play?

said by n_w95482:

The WRT54G's stock firmware isn't that great.

I've been using Tomato Firmware v1.27.

I had forgotten about setting up QoS. The way Tomato upload QoS works is you specify your internet upload speed and the router reserves a portion of this for high priority packets. Well, I had set it up way back when my upload speed was 2 Mbps. After re-configuring it for my current speeds my SamKnows upload speeds jumped to 11 Mbps where they should be.

Problem solved!