spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

danmcd

join:2013-09-04

[AB] Outgoing SMTP

We have a Telus email account in Alberta. In Arizona, we are using CenturyLink. We are able to receive email while in AZ but not able to send. We are not sure about setting the Outgoing SMTP. CenturyLink says they can't help us and that it is a Telus issue.

MatrixRS

join:2001-11-12
Kelowna, BC
Your machine has to reside within the Telus network to use their SMTP. Same thing with Shaw. IE: Be at home.

As far as I know, you cannot provide a UN & PW for the SMTP to get this to work either.

Use Gmail's SMTP

Zinc64

join:2013-03-13
Vancouver, BC
People with Telus accounts can't send email from their laptops on the road?
Seems a little odd.

Ano198

@telus.net
Called security.
Prevents folks from trying to spam from a non telus connection.

If you are on the road you can use telus web mail, no problem.
Or setup a gmail address, problem solved

jed
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Alberta, Can
kudos:1
reply to danmcd
Find out Century Link's email settings, and then, plunk in their SMTP settings into your email client.

bebert

@telus.net
reply to danmcd
It is a Telus problem. Someone said they would have SSL support soon (I assume with user/pass authentication to prevent spam like gmail), but so far Telus hasn't delivered.

»TELUS Hosted Email Improvements

anhloc

join:2009-12-11
Canada
Actually we did about a few months ago...

You can use TELUS authenticated SMTP now as your outgoing server.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

couttsj

join:2010-07-29
Vernon, BC
reply to danmcd
Telus now offers Plain Authentication on port 1025. If your email client provides for this, you can send email from anywhere without having to change SMTP servers.

bebert

@telus.net
reply to anhloc
Authenticated and SSL or only Authenticated and easily monitored by NSA?

How to use it from outside telus's network? smtp.telus.net port 465 doesn't connect.