elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Jets QB Circus

Looks like another lost season coming up while they play "whose the quarterback".

They sent last years Backup QB Greg McElory is gone to the Bengals practice squad.
Sanchez is apparently "injured" so Geno Smith will start the season against the Bucs (and if the Jets lose I'll never live it down with a buddy who is a bucs fan).

The new OC Marty Mornhinweg, likes Smith over Sanchez and till it was determined Sanchez couldn't start, Smith was his opinion to start as QB.

WHY? Last year it was Tebow, and now it's another drama..

Arggh

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane

Premium Member

Smith is a very physically talented QB. However, at West Virginia where he played he did not received a very high level of QB coaching and their offense wasn't that sophisticated. Smith and the offense relied mostly just on the physical skills of Smith.

It is because of the lack of experience and coaching that Smith's performance dropped off overall, (performance is not just stats), as teams learned how to defense him and he when they did that he lacked the aforementioned lack of coaching and experience to adapt.

He may one day be a top QB in the NFL. But if he gets tossed to the wolves he will go best case scenario the path of Cam Newton and possibly a lot worse and take a beating.

People forget that Sanchez is a physically very talented QB but he was tossed to the Wolves when he came to the Jets as a very inexperienced QB. (He played something like 14 games in college.)

His failure as a QB is he is now a head case and a man with a no confidence and a lack of adequate QB coaching, (A well known weakness of the Jets), and arguably a poor head coach.

Smith at the Jets could end up like Sanchez who at this point probably is probably not salvageable with the Jets and perhaps is so far gone the same if he went anywhere else.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
ESPN has reported the Geno Smith will start Sunday.

»espn.go.com/new-york/nfl ··· t-opener
02778712 (banned)
join:2013-07-08
MA

02778712 (banned) to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
With any luck the Jet will be able to draft a top 5 first round, maybe #1 overall, QB next year!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

Unfortunately, the Jets luck doesn't work like that.
They'll win just enough games to screw up their draft and still not make the playoffs.
That's one good thing about being a Jets fan, every win is like Christmas come early.

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
I'd like to know why if like Ryan said we will go with the quarterback who's performance will help us win games.Well that quarterback through the preseason was Simms.He looked the best out of all of them.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by Fishead1:

I'd like to know why if like Ryan said we will go with the quarterback who's performance will help us win games.Well that quarterback through the preseason was Simms.He looked the best out of all of them.

They have too much invested in Smith not to use him. They believe his performance will improve the most and give them the best chance to win.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

My thought that if they don;t make the playoffs this year Rex and Sanchez are gone.

Woody however seems to "Standing by his man".

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Looks like Mark is through. Geno got off to slow start but improved as the game went on. He looks more mobile than Sanchez and more capable of making adjustments. Overall I gave him a B+ in his first game.
02778712 (banned)
MA

to elwoodblues
I'd give Geno a solid C+. He threw an INT and had a fumble. He didn't do anything else special to make up for those things. They only won by 1 point and they needed a penalty at that. If Geno had gotten them into range himself then I'd give him a B-.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I agree, but that was his first outing in a NFL game AND he was being "coached' by dirty Sanchez.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Pathfinder5

Premium Member

to Pathfinder5
I'd give Geno about a B or B-, but mostly because it was his first NFL start.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by Rook008:

I'd give Geno about a B or B-, but mostly because it was his first NFL start.

It's great the Jet's fans give him higher marks then everyone else. You guys are the ones that need to be sold on him otherwise Sanchez comes back!

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5

Premium Member

I think Sanchez is done. I rated him fairly high mainly because he seemed to get more confident and poised as the game went on. I believe he matured more in that first game than I though he would.
02778712 (banned)
MA

to elwoodblues
The real test will be against Tom Brady on Thursday. If he can keep the game close like EJ Manuel he'll get praise. If it's a blow out then he falls below EJ Manuel and Sanchez starts to get back into the mix.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by 02778712:

The real test will be against Tom Brady on Thursday. If he can keep the game close like EJ Manuel he'll get praise. If it's a blow out then he falls below EJ Manuel and Sanchez starts to get back into the mix.

Absolutely, Geno will be starting, Sanchez has a dislocated shoulder and they just found a tear in the labrum (I don't quite understand, but it's something to do with fibre around the shoulder socket.)

If he need surgery(and they're so far saying no) Dirty Sanchez is done with the Jets.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

said by 02778712:

Absolutely, Geno will be starting, Sanchez has a dislocated shoulder and they just found a tear in the labrum (I don't quite understand, but it's something to do with fibre around the shoulder socket.)

If he need surgery(and they're so far saying no) Dirty Sanchez is done with the Jets.

Sanchez is only done in NY if Geno pans out. They really don't want to be in the same spot with Geno as they are with Sanchez a few years from now.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

There is Tebow....

LOL
02778712 (banned)
MA

1 edit

02778712 (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

There is Tebow....

LOL

Naw I think the Buc's are going to pick him up to replace Freeman. The Jet's can pick up Freeman! That is unless KISS gets him to go to the AFL. Gene Simmons has already offered Tebow a 3-year deal.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane

Premium Member

said by Domane:

Smith is a very physically talented QB. However, at West Virginia where he played he did not received a very high level of QB coaching and their offense wasn't that sophisticated. Smith and the offense relied mostly just on the physical skills of Smith.

It is because of the lack of experience and coaching that Smith's performance dropped off overall, (performance is not just stats), as teams learned how to defense him and he when they did that he lacked the aforementioned lack of coaching and experience to adapt.

He may one day be a top QB in the NFL. But if he gets tossed to the wolves he will go best case scenario the path of Cam Newton and possibly a lot worse and take a beating.

People forget that Sanchez is a physically very talented QB but he was tossed to the Wolves when he came to the Jets as a very inexperienced QB. (He played something like 14 games in college.)

His failure as a QB is he is now a head case and a man with a no confidence and a lack of adequate QB coaching, (A well known weakness of the Jets), and arguably a poor head coach.

Smith at the Jets could end up like Sanchez who at this point probably is probably not salvageable with the Jets and perhaps is so far gone the same if he went anywhere else.

Just saying...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

It's great that he has talent, and is capable, but yes he's wrecked, and NOBODY in their right mind would take him , even as third stringer.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Sanchez CAN be a quality qb....somewhere, anywhere away from Rex Ryan. Problem is, it's going to take a LOT of Ryan Detox to fix what ails Sanchez between the ears. He could be a quality back up in Green Bay. Fresh start and all. I sure as hell wouldn't bring him into a "our new qb saviour" situation like in Oakland or Minnesota.