Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tcwatkins

join:2005-04-28
Silver Spring, MD
reply to tcwatkins

Re: [Northeast] FIOS and Amazon Streaming

Strange. My HD stream drops down from around 10-20 to 0.4 but I can stream it ok to my iPad through the Amazon app, probably SD, while the Blu-ray player Amazon player is still trying to load. So does this mean it may be a problem with the Blu-ray player, not the FIOS connection or the Amazon server?

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
The BlueRay player probably has almost no memory for buffering, where as a PC or tablet has gigabytes. So on the BlueRay, if there is a momentary slow down, its effected, on PC's it buffered minutes ahead and is not effected

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
Bluray players have anywhere from 512MB to 8gb of buffering as well, the blu-ray readers are still notoriously slow and the buffer is required for smooth play back.

SIOYGYG

join:2011-01-08
Charlotte, NC
Ditch the blu-ray player and get a PS3

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to danclan
Not a chance, you would be lucky if the entire main memory of a BlueRay player is 512MB, which the kernel / os uses most of it.

A common work-a-round is to use an external USB memory stick, most BlueRay players that stream Netflix and other services support this, my LG does and recommends a 2GB stick for this very reason

»www.amazon.com/NetFlix-Streaming···02PHM0XQ

»www.avsforum.com/t/1399371/do-al···ers-suck

»forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?77···uffering