spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Normalperson

@videotron.ca

Stop Complaining

Hi, I am with Videotron and I am moving to Ontario. I have read a couple posts and I would like to say that you guys should stop complaining. Here is a list of smart choices:

-Read your bills every month(Contacting your service provider 6 months later and telling them you did not watch your TV or requested to cancel your services earlier is a hard story to believe. Put yourself in their shoes.)

-Do not sign anything over a phone call, you have nothing to back yourself up with. If you do, make sure that they can send you written documentation before doing it. The only legal contract you have is the paper you signed at the beginning with the plan you started with. They don't legally need to honor anything past that.

-Don't buy things you don't need(I see a lot of posts about people wanting more stuff and willing to pay less. You just look like an idiot.)

-Action speaks louder than words. If you are a business manager and one of your customer complains but doe not cancel his service will you decide to change your way of managing? Threatening to cancel can work up to an extent. You have to be reasonable with what you ask for. ''Pain and suffering'' compensations will only get you to waste 3 hours of your life and beyond. I had a problem with my provider 5 years ago because the Cable service was not working and they wanted to charge me a technician fee. I called them and told them that I will cancel as there was Bell who had a free installation promotion. Guess what? They sent a technician free of charge.

-Final and golden advice : If it doesn't work then do not keep it. Having a service that does not work is stupid. Keeping a service that does not work is persisting into stupidity and only makes you a retard.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Normalperson :

-Do not sign anything over a phone call, you have nothing to back yourself up with. If you do, make sure that they can send you written documentation before doing it. The only legal contract you have is the paper you signed at the beginning with the plan you started with. They don't legally need to honor anything past that.

Nothing like that exists... There is no physical agreements that you sign. I think the only way to protect yourself is by recording the call. Which rogers does as well.
--

anon3313

join:2009-07-10
canada
Agreed - who signs anything anymore? Usually there is text like 'use of the service indicates acceptance of terms'.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
could you explain cable congestion.... the network to the home isn't designed dedicated with fast speed..... fail.... cable 45/4 is 1mbit/2mbits of speed..... and ftth.... fail..... south korea is laughing at us