Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rik3452

join:2013-08-22
Windsor, ON

2 edits
reply to HeadSpinning

Re: Which companies can do FTTH in Sountern Ontario ?

said by HeadSpinning:

said by rik3452:

... specifically South Windsor area ?
-(it's an older area, but I would just like to know if they can first, cost will be decided later...)

Thanks.

Nothing in South Windsor, but if you want to build a house in Legacy Grove in LaSalle just off Matchette, we can talk

Talk ?, hey I'm all ears, just fill in the blankx, and of course I'll listen, and lets see what we can both do ?
1st off, it sounds like you're saying if I build a home in "in Legacy Grove in LaSalle just off Matchette, we can talk "
ok, so now what, I get to share your Fibre, mmm, is it FTTH, so ... uhmmm?
Go ahead, talk all you want, pleeez.
No, seriously, what are you talking about. ?

Ok fine, but as far as Fibre goes (FTTH, or otherwise), in anything basically south of Toronto, it's basically NON-existent. ?!
Soooo, NO, nuthin' "is FIXED", unlike Mr. @Gone, who pretends to believe, and wrongfully says he "...Fixed it for you..." geezus.

So why don't I just move to Halifax. ? -that should solve this problem.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Well, Mr. Gone knows a bit about this because any new development with services laid after 2010 is FTTH. There's a bunch of new neighbourhoods in London that are all FTTH. Windsor, being... well... Windsor... probably doesn't have a lot of new residential development that would have had services laid as recently as 2010. This is why there's only one neighbourhood that's FTTH.

In my own neck of the woods South of Toronto - Fort Erie - there's three neighbourhoods that are FTTH with at least two more about to be lit up in the next 6-12 months. There's an additional one that is FTTH for Cogeco only but not Bell. Thorold and Niagara Falls - also south of Toronto - have shitloads of FTTH due to recent residential development, including two massive developments in either city that are all fibre. In Kitchener-Waterloo it would be even more prolific due to residential growth.

This, of course, is just Southern Ontario. There's plenty of FTTH elsewhere, but it seems that Mr. Gone is one of the few people in this discussion who has the understanding that "Canada" means more than just Southern Ontario.

rik3452

Windsor, ON

2 edits

You're right, lets ALL move to the "new" neighbourhoods, I mean, not that the technology isn't already there to throw in FTTH, poles are there, under-street sewrs piping is there, oh but wait, it's a new development,...., so ya, I must be "Gone".
-Lol.
Listen carefully, if Bell Aliant can FTTH 1 Million homes, and counting, in the Atlantic regions, which is even older than your ToronToe, than whats the problem for Southern Ontario. ?
really.
And NO, I did NOT ask you, or anyone else, specifically, if there is "FTTH elswhere in Canada", as you obviously keep reminding everyone.

I want it here, in Southern Ontario, specifically Windsor, I guess it defintely sounds like it still ain't here.
oh well.

EDIT : ya, you're "Gone" alright.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

I will assume you know nothing of the difference between aerial and underground infrastructure. We'll just leave it at that.

And seriously, you live in Windsor. Be happy your street lights work.

rik3452

Windsor, ON

2 edits

Yes, and thanks for your local Enwin Utilities lucky charms' advice?,
Oh GoneDi

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to rik3452

said by rik3452:

1st off, it sounds like you're saying if I build a home in "in Legacy Grove in LaSalle just off Matchette, we can talk "

We're doing an FTTH trial in the Legacy Grove subdivision. It's only 26 homes, but we want to get some experience there, and in possibly a couple of other locations. The construction/sales office on site will have our service soon.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

And seriously, you live in Windsor. Be happy your street lights work.

And I'm assuming you know nothing about Enwin. They're on of the best LDCs around. Their infrastructure is kept up to date. They're on an active program of system upgrades, and we have very few outages, and the ones we do have are very quickly isolated through their remote switching capability.
--

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Meh. It's Windsor.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

said by Gone:

Meh. It's Windsor.

Fort Erie is pretty close to Buffalo... I wouldn't be slingin' any mud
--

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by HeadSpinning:

said by Gone:

Meh. It's Windsor.

+1

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

1 recommendation

said by 34764170:

+1

Seriously? Coming from someone in Etobicoke?
--

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

Hell yes.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to HeadSpinning

said by HeadSpinning:

There are many things wrong with Fort Erie, but being near Buffalo isn't one of them.

Let me just put it this way - while the people in Cleveland sing "we're not Detroit!" people in Fort Erie say "we're not Windsor!" in reply

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL

i hope this country gets ftth in the next 100 years.... rogers and bell won't... i know.... it's up to the citizens.... telecoms will milk the current system right now.... cable is your best bet with tpia followed by a backup dsl line.. from teksavvy

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

Your wish has been granted, and earlier than 100 years. Bell along with others are already installing FTTH in some areas. This has been repeated over and over again, yet you don't seem to listen. Quit whining. Its getting annoying.

said by MJB:

i hope this country gets ftth in the next 100 years.... rogers and bell won't... i know.... it's up to the citizens.... telecoms will milk the current system right now.... cable is your best bet with tpia followed by a backup dsl line.. from teksavvy

--

MJB

join:2012-01-29

k... but why can't older neighborhoods get ftth dedicated... no stinger remote on my street for 2 story homes... cable is still 50/50

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

said by MJB:

k... but why can't older neighborhoods get ftth dedicated... no stinger remote on my street for 2 story homes... cable is still 50/50

But they can. They will, just not overnight.
--