spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bigboi

@videotron.ca

Beware of Acanac

Just to inform you guys that acanac customer service is horrible. The experience is to be avoided, based on my past experience, they surcharged my account for three months in advance, while I clearly stated to them that I was terminating my subscription, and in order to proceed with your complaint you have to e-mail them and sit and wait for a responds. There are no direct interaction and the reply button, and above all these complaints, they are neglecting me at this point for my refund. I highly don't recommend you guys to roll the dice with this company.

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Acanac

Can you please provide with the ticket ID and I will have one of my billing people look into it right away.

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to Bigboi

Re: Beware of Acanac

Hi Bigboi

Can you please post the ticket # referencing this?

Thank you.

julienvf

join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC
reply to Bigboi

2 answers within 7 minutes of your post, that's what I call good service.

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
Reviews:
·Acanac

said by julienvf:

2 answers within 7 minutes of your post, that's what I call good service.

I'd have to say that this has been typical of the service I've received thus far from Acanac...quick responses and willing to help and I'm not even officially a customer yet...lol

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON
reply to Bigboi

That's not called service, whats now happened is the OP has gone public, Acanac actually now needs to do damage control lol. Typical Acanac, and has been since day one with them.

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
reply to Bigboi

LOOOOL Really? You just finding out how terrible they are, now?

AcanacCable

@3menatwork.com

I've been with Acanac Cable (Distributel) in the Montreal area for about 3 months now at 30mbps (I'm posting from work now). The internet access itself is great, no slow down during peak times, solid 30mbps unlimited and great latency (much better than Teksavvy).

If you deal with customer support, do so via the web rather than by phone. When I first signed up, they had me on a 5mbps profile rather than 30. They had the issue corrected in 2 days and all I had to do is send them a message. My experience with customer support has always been via the web and not by phone and it's been just fine. For those of you looking to sign up, do so via the web and not by phone.

rodjames
Premium
Gloucester, ON

lol @ Better than Teksavvy.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
kudos:2

said by rodjames:

Not only better in terms of network speed/stability, but lower prices, free VPN and no caps as well. $44 a month for 35/3 unlimited ($80 with Teksavvy) is a riot, I've been laughing for years.

rodjames
Premium
Gloucester, ON

yeah, and it takes 3 weeks to get someone on the phone for a refund that they end up cancelling your vps server and deleting your data.

acanac/canaca SUCK.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Was that with Acanac or Canaca, if it was Acanac id like to see what went wrong, could you possibly post the ticket # in reference to your issue and I can investigate further.

Thank you.

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Acanac
reply to Bigboi

Years ago when I signed up for 5/.800 dsl, talking to the lady on the phone setting it all up, so I say "Ok when you confirm my payment, can you call me back and tell me my login details?"

She was like "I can't call you back".

WAT

Mind you this was a long time ago, perhaps things have changed? After that convo I decided on a different provider.
--
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Yes indeed, not all agents have call out capabilities.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Bigboi

said by Anon80:

Just to inform you guys that acanac customer service is horrible. The experience is to be avoided, based on my past experience, they surcharged my account for three months in advance, while I clearly stated to them that I was terminating my subscription, and in order to proceed with your complaint you have to e-mail them and sit and wait for a responds. There are no direct interaction and the reply button, and above all these complaints, they are neglecting me at this point for my refund. I highly don't recommend you guys to roll the dice with this company.

Did you get it resolved?

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to Fergless

said by Fergless:

Yes indeed, not all agents have call out capabilities.

People generally think this is an excuse a CSR is using to get off the call and don't realize that this is indeed a reality in many situations depending on the campaign an agent is assigned to or queue they are put in.

Asai

@teksavvy.com
reply to Bigboi

Sad how the first four replies are either Acanac employees, former employees, or well-known shills.

But - yeah - as was mentioned: if you weren't aware of Acanac's long-standing reputation of miserable customer service... then you didn't do your homework.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

The only 2 people from Acanac are Acanac Inc. (Paul the owner) and myself. Hope that clears that up for some one..

Why wouldn't we reply since we want to find out what went wrong. Other ISP's do it all the time.

rodjames
Premium
Gloucester, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·loclhost.ca
reply to Fergless

LOL and let you open my file again, find my credit card number that was probably not deleted, and try and run a charge on me for a couple hundred bucks, AGAIN?

doubtful.

It was Canaca. You guys are the same deal, don't try and bullshit.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

If it was Canaca, then Paul might be able to look up the ticket, very doubtful he'd for some unknown reason charge your Credit Card. I don't work for Canaca so I would be of no help. I really doubt anyone will post a ticket anyway.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to Asai

said by Anon80:

Sad how the first four replies are either Acanac employees, former employees, or well-known shills.

But - yeah - as was mentioned: if you weren't aware of Acanac's long-standing reputation of miserable customer service... then you didn't do your homework.

LMAO, I assure you that I do not now, nor have I ever worked for Acanac in any way, shape or form.

In fact, if you care to dig through all of my posts--until recently I was very critical of Acanac on here.

I think both Paul and Fergless are trying very hard to turn things around and revamp Acanac's image and are taking very good strides in that regard.

AcanacCable

@distributel.net
reply to rodjames

said by rodjames:

I was on Teksavvy Cable 30 and then switched to Acanac Cable 30. The Throughput is the same (about 3.94MB/sec) but the latency (such as ping times for games) is better with Acanac. I suspect that the higher latency with Teksavvy is because of my location (Montreal, higher round trip to Toronto). Since Acanac uses the Distributel infrastructure, its "local" to my area which give me a lower round trip time.

I assume that not everyone's experience will be the same especially if you're in Ontario.

The phone support is long at times but if you're an experienced surfer, you shouldn't have to deal with tech support *that* often once the link is up.

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC
reply to Bigboi

i guess i'm lucky, i never waited more than 5 minutes while calling acanac.

i'm also in the montreal region. Better ping than teksavvy for sure. And they offer unlimited on 30 mbps. ebox don't.

so far, i'm 100% satisfied with acanac.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·Anveo
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Bigboi

acanac is known for their not so great customer service except for fergie but she can only do so much, if you have no internet or billing issues then you would be fine.
acanacs unlimited is throttled speed during 7pm-12am, tsi is not throttled and is unlimited on rcable as their is no meter and no eta for one, so my 25/2 300gb( which is really unlimited) unthrottled package is $40, if that would change I "might" consider start or acanac, but if tsi does implement the meter it would have to change their pricing to reflect the competition

nom

@acanac.net

Never experienced the throttle.
Also as explained, the throttle is not an absolute. it is an as required , during peak hours, if congestion does occur.

That being said, never experienced it.

And if the congestion is for 3 minutes , during peak hours, that is how long the throttle will exist for.

darknestgirl

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC
reply to vincom

They just wrote it on their website in case they have to do it but they never use is yet. By the way fergless is a he not a she

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·Anveo
·TekSavvy Cable

said by darknestgirl:

They just wrote it on their website in case they have to do it but they never use is yet. By the way fergless is a he not a she

lol, sorry fergie, I mean fergless