Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Stark
Premium
join:2013-08-27
Janesville, WI

Upgrading to the NVG589

Who would I contact to get my current rg upgraded?

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
If you are not on an existing bonded pair install with an iNID that requires repair or upgrading to the new Power tier requiring pair bonding, you will be hard pressed to get one. They are in limited supply and primarily only being used in the above install scenarios currently. Regardless, AT&T doesn't really accept "upgrade requests" for CPE from customers.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to Stark
Rolande is right, AT&T generally doesn't care what you want.

Stark
Premium
Janesville, WI
Yup Just learned that when I called AT&T and they practically told me to deal with it. Shame Gigabit Ethernet would have been nice.

Paralel

Michigan, US
reply to Paralel
AT&T: Be happy with the equipment you have and that we provide you service at all, customer scum.

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
It should be like a cell phone contract. You get to turn it in for a free upgrade to the latest RG every 2 years.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

Stark
Premium
Janesville, WI
reply to Stark
Well I convinced a tech to order one for me, I guess I will see how it turns out.

Finalresort....What RG do you have? What do you think you ordered? How being delivered?
The 589 is only tech install, if they are shipping will get a 3801 if tv service enabled.
The 5031 is internet only or hsia/voip with wireless n but not gig ports.

Paralel

Michigan, US
reply to Stark
Yeah, if they are drop shipping you one, it will not be an NVG589.

Stark
Premium
Janesville, WI
Those dang techs always tricking me haha. Well needed a replacement anyway the wireless does not work on the one i'm using at the moment.

drowningape

join:2013-04-08
united state
reply to Stark
NVG589's are finally in sufficient supply in California to the degree that prem techs are expected to carry at least two units in their truck. It's now the standard equipment for all bonded pair installs, and is also used an option on accounts with frequent repeat repair tickets. Just guessing, but since it just started showing up in quantity in the West region a month after the Power tier rolled out, it should become an option in the other regions soon.