uniqs

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

1 edit

Domane to DC DSL

Premium Member

to DC DSL

Re: UPS has your Personal ID info on file from Credit Bureau.

said by DC DSL:

No, Domane See Profile,

1. they DO NOT have the data in their possession prior to signup. This is a common challenge-response system that the credit bureaus use on their own sites to verify identity. Third parties can purchase realtime interface access to those facilities. While framed in the third party's chrome, all the third party gets is a thumbs-up/down from the data provider as to whether the individual correctly answered the questions.

2. Instead of pressing the Panic! button and seeding the Internet with yet more inaccurate information/speculation/fear-mongering, why not *ask* others if they know about things you are unfamiliar with?

1. At face value what you say is logical and technically feasible. Whether it is correct or not is a different question. I do not know definitely whether it is or not. I do know what the UPS people told me when I called and my experience that admittedly has significantly declined in scope overtime--a very long time.

Prior to making my post I called UPS and had an in depth conversation with them. They did not deny what I posted. Not in the slightest. (It was their response and information that prompted my post.) They did make some comments that could by inference be interpreted to support what you state unattributed in the first paragraph of your post.

2. Instead of flaming and trolling with OT and tossing out an unprovoked attack mode attitude as well as being presumptuous on what I know or do not know why don't you stick to facts.

My experience with the credit reporting agencies, third part data collectors as well as my use of them professionally is admittedly dated. However, in 1984 I helped Experian, (then known DBA under the TRW umbrella) and TransUnion set up the early models of what we are talking about today.

Now since you are looking to boost your ego so much why don't you do what I did and call UPS and ask or challenge them. You can argue with them and tell them they are wrong in what they told me hours ago.

While your at it, since in your OT junkyard dog unprovoked criticism perhaps you would like to explain why the UPS representative's story disagrees with your theoritical model and what is the basis and qualifications for your claims or your "speculation." What is or where is your offer of proof?

You could have just run with your first paragraph and added a source and that would have been an A++ post for anyone reading it. Even if posted without a source it would still have been a positive post. But you had motives other than informing and educating in making your post.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

I know this first hand because I have built a number of websites in other business sectors that do the exact same thing. This was further substantiated by someone in banking. The critique of your opening message is completely appropriate, as there are countless threads (on here and gazillions of other places) that all have the same, uninformed "the sky is falling because they have our personal info!" tenor. My motives are simply being sick and tired of these Chicken Little threads taking on a life of their own with blatant misinformation. As you admit you don't have current knowledge, then don't dare post absolutes as you did. ASK if others have experienced something and it won't be necessary for those of us who actually know to admonish or rebuke you in public.
Expand your moderator at work