spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

storm58

join:2007-11-01

New modem Comtrend

Hey guys, I just replaced my Westell modem b/c we were having problems with it. It's been replaced with a Comtrend modem. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this modem? I want to see my stats, like margin and if we been having any disconnects? Also, I was wondering if my data path would change with this new modem? We had Fastpath before and I don't want to get switched to interleave b/c I like the lower pings for gaming. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hawk82

join:2001-04-26
centralmaine
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Comtrend 5071 or 5072? The default webpage for those two models (the only comtrend models I have experience with) is »192.168.1.1 and the default username/password is root/12345. If it has been changed, then I don't know what it is. This info can be easily confirmed via Google as well.

storm58

Yes I can access it now but it says my data path is now interleaver? I also have noticed my pings are higher than they were before. With my old modem (Westell) I had fastpath. Would the data path change with the new Comtrend modem? I like being on fastpath b/c I'm a gamer.

storm58

reply to storm58

I talked to Fairpoint and got my answers.