spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anonmous

@teksavvy.com

VMedia IPTV?

Is Teksavvy an "Affiliate/Transmission agents" to the service? The setup seems to indicate that you need to also get their inet as well, but certain providers are OK (as they likely just resell them). Their packages seem to match Teksavvy ATPIA packages...

As an aside if anyone has the service, is it any good (speaking on the TV side of things)? I ran the numbers and as a cord cutter although I am fine with OTA, I also sub to MLB.TV and Gamecenter to get my live sports. at 150+150 per year but at 30*12 for the IPTV offering I could get most of what I want plus have the extra channels as well.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
TekSavvy has no affiliation with any IPTV provider.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to anonmous
I've said this before, but I really feel TSI should become an affiliate/transmission agent for VMEDIA. It would offer a great option for people who want IPTV, and perhaps stop the bleed of customers forced to leave due to being unable to get IPTV from TSI.

monsoon66

join:2007-01-13
Toronto, ON
reply to anonmous
Would be awesome if Teksavvy offered some kind of TV service in the near future. Would trust them more than Acanac or VMedia.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Marc doesn't really want to allow it so that they can offer a solution themselves one day maybe. there's obviously a connectivity cost too tho.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to anonmous
Marc is free to make this decision... but an affiliation would be the cheapest option for TSI and stop bleed of these customers to other providers who allow IPTV. For the amount of people who want IPTV vs just net should balance. Vmedia to me, shares more in common with TSI than Acanac/distributel's service.

onlinejunkie
Premium
join:2002-10-26
Orleans, ON
reply to anonmous
what I just noticed when signing up for them was that they require the current modem with a cable provider to be non activated for 14 days, but they will give me a loaner modem... this explains some of the downtime when switching to teksavvy i guess.