labfrog
join:2006-09-16
Carbondale, CO

1 edit

labfrog

[X1-X2] Bulletins Installing X1 Box Activation Hidden Remote Codes

Click for full size
Click for full size
1st bulletin shows some info to interpret codes on front box during boot strap. Disregard activation instructions unless you are installer.

2nd bulletin is hidden remote control functions for technical use to check status of signal, box communication, screen formatting, etc...
timmo
join:2005-07-13
Chicago, IL

timmo

Re: [X1] Bulletins Installing X1 Box Activation Hidden Remote Co

Cool...thanks! I like the easter eggs. I'll have to program those into my Harmony remote.

For a 5-minute skip I created a sequence in the Harmony software to do the 30-second skip multiple times (e.g. 5 times for 2.5 minutes). Works pretty well. I do wish they allowed programming of separate 30 second and 5 minute skips like the previous boxes.

jsirgey
@comcast.net

jsirgey

Anon

said by timmo:

For a 5-minute skip I created a sequence in the Harmony software to do the 30-second skip multiple times (e.g. 5 times for 2.5 minutes).

careful doing that with the child boxes, whenever i try to many skips in a row to quickly my box errors out and stops the program.

what I actually did with my harmony was create a macro that did the exit exit exit 0 0 3 0 and another that does exit exit exit 0 5 0 0 and just let the skip stay the same and when i need to get far in the program fast i put it in 5 min mode and when i need better control i put the box in 30 second mode (but really with the 4x FF you really dont need the 5 min skip all that often anymore as you can get through a 60 min program in just a couple minutes).
timmo
join:2005-07-13
Chicago, IL

timmo

That is a great idea to program the skip commands and just hit it when I need it. Thanks for the tip!
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo to labfrog

to labfrog
it looks like there is a pdf of online here is the link
»techapp.topcoder.com/wor ··· 8-13.pdf
blukens
join:2001-11-29
Berryville, VA

blukens to labfrog

to labfrog
Thanks, useful info. Any idea on how to enable the external esata port? I see the greyed out menu, but no recognition of the esata like my previous box did. (Pace box)
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by blukens:

Thanks, useful info. Any idea on how to enable the external esata port? I see the greyed out menu, but no recognition of the esata like my previous box did. (Pace box)

As you were told in your own thread on the topic, the X1 box cannot be enabled, there is no secret to it. It is in the firmware that Comcast is using, so without Comcast pushing a new firmware to it that enables the eSATA port, there is nothing anyone can do.
blukens
join:2001-11-29
Berryville, VA

blukens

Sorry, I didn't know I had my own thread on the subject.... Thanks for affirming what i suspected...