Search similar:

uniqs
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned)

Contour

What is it exactly? Strange name. Sounds like a airplane company.

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings

»[Off Topic] Cox Contour service article....
90115534 (banned)
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned)

Thanks. Does it count toward your bandwidth limit? Streaming tv channels take up a lot of bandwidth.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

Data takes up a certain frequency of bandwidth. Anything that takes up some of that bandwidth counts towards that bandwidth amount or Cap. Thats why Cox digital telephone doesn't count.
90115534 (banned)
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned)

said by Optimus2357:

Data takes up a certain frequency of bandwidth. Anything that takes up some of that bandwidth counts towards that bandwidth amount or Cap. Thats why Cox digital telephone doesn't count.

Well of course Cox digital telephone wouldn't count.
Sentinel
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Florida

Sentinel to No_Strings

Premium Member

to No_Strings
So put simply (for those of us that read that other thread and still don't know what it is) it is an "app" that you can download onto your iPad that allows you to watch streaming TV from Cox?

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

1 recommendation

No_Strings

FAQ

What new features does Contour offer?

Contour delivers personalized content to your TV and iPad, up to 7 individual profiles, access to a Record 6 DVR that lets you record 6 shows at once, storage for up to 1000 hours of recorded programming, and the ability to move shows from your Contour App to the TV.

What can I get with the full Contour service?

The full Contour experience includes:

• Cox TV Preferred and Internet Preferred
• The intuitive Contour Guide
• Personalized Recommendations for up to 7 users in your home
A Contour App for your iPad that serves up the shows you like based on what you watch and the choices you make. With the Contour app you can watch live TV and OnDemand shows on your iPad anywhere in your house plus you can access TV network mobile apps even when you’re away from home.
• The Record 6 DVR which lets you record up to 6 shows at once and store up to 1000 hours of Standard Definition (SD) programming or 300 hours of High Definition (HD) programming.

What are the capabilities of the new Record 6 DVR

The new Record 6 DVR allows you to record up to 6 shows at once and has a 2 Terabyte hard drive that can store up to 1,000 hours of Standard Definition (SD) or 300 hours of High Definition (HD) programs. With whole home networking, you can also use the Record 6 DVR to watch recorded shows in any room of your house.

How do I know if I have Contour?

Your guide will display a logo on the bottom left.
logo picture

I see the Contour logo on my guide, but didn’t upgrade to Contour service. Will I be forced to upgrade my service?

You will not be forced to upgrade your service with the Contour guide.

How do I receive recommendations?

Contour learns what you like based on your viewing habits and the feedback you provide on programming suggestions through the “like” or “dislike” options.

With the Contour Guide and app, your profile recommendations are developed based on your individual viewing patterns on both the TV and Contour App. This is possible because your profile is stored in the cloud and is accessed by both.

Are you selling the data you collect of my viewing habits?

No personally identifiable viewing habit information will be shared with third parties. We will use general data to ensure we are continually enhancing our customers’ viewing experience with the right video content.

What happened to the Trio Guide?

Trio has evolved into Contour. The new Contour video experience includes new features, equipment options, and a companion iPad app.

Is Contour Available to Cox Business Customers?

Contour is only available to our residential customers.

REQUIREMENTS

What is required in order to get the full Contour experience?

In order to get the Contour experience, you need the following:

A Cox bundle with TV Preferred, Premier, or Ultimate, and High Speed Internet Preferred, Premier, or Ultimate.

The Contour TV Package which includes the Contour Guide with personal show recommendations, Contour High Capacity DVR ( Record 6 DVR option ), and Contour App for iPad.

What is required in order to access the Contour App?

The Contour app is available to Cox bundle customers with Cox TV Essential or better, and Cox Internet Preferred or better. The app is compatible with iPad 2 or newer (iPad 1 is compatible with the Cox TV Connect app, also found in the App store). Personal show recommendations based on TV viewing and the Watch On TV app feature requires the Contour TV package.

»itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ··· 426?mt=8
»contour.cox.com/#modal
Sentinel
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Florida

Sentinel

Premium Member

Ah, OK. So "Contour" is a program or level of service that includes some extra features for your TV plus the app. OK, got it. Thanks.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

you also get access to some Ondemand content.

w0kie
join:2001-12-23
USA

1 recommendation

w0kie to No_Strings

to No_Strings
Doesn't work on ALL iPad's ver. 1 that are just 3 years old but Cox admits that's the case.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to 90115534

Premium Member

to 90115534
it only can stream the channels cox has streaming agreements and yes it does count towards bandwidth.
90115534 (banned)
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned)

Wow this will be a bandwidth killer. Though I think cox already knows that.