dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

4 edits

bohratom

VHO7 Verizon notification states TV down for 1-2 hours....

Verizon just notified on screen that programming will be down for about 1-2 hours in Central Jersey. I wish nycdave could comment but maybe it means more HD for us as I have my fingers crossed.....

BTW On Demand still works so hopefully they are adding new HD channels...

Edit Update 3am: Most QAM back in service (around 75%), checking if anything new...

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

VHO7 is usually never first for anything, so I doubt it.
Hooper
Premium Member
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO

Hooper to bohratom

Premium Member

to bohratom
My system monitor notified me last night that broadband was down from 12:38 to 2:01 am. This was in VHO8. Wasn't up to test if TV service was down too.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

I'm in VHO5 but my phone is dead today, but internet and TV work.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to bohratom

to bohratom
I was not notified of this.

However, I did notice this morning when i turned ny 7232 on, I could not change channels, or see the Guide at all. This went on for about 3-5 minutes.

Afterwords, I received a plethora of new Add icons. Maybe, they all needed time to load. IDK

Also, I do not hardly ever have the FIOS Home Screen anymore. Instead, I have a 4x3 Huge Ad that pops up each time I turn my STBs on. THey only way to remove them is by pressing EXIT. They do not time out.

To me, I'd rather have the Home Screen. At least if I did nothing, it would time out after 15 seconds or so.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

You can disable popups of this nature in the settings menu.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I understand that, and after I did this to disable the 4x3 ad. It still showed up for another week afterwords. But It has calmed down within the last 3 days, or so.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by webcobbler:

I understand that, and after I did this to disable the 4x3 ad. It still showed up for another week afterwords. But It has calmed down within the last 3 days, or so.

Your response is confusing. You say now that you disabled the popup ad and it is not showing, but your prior post says "Instead, I have a 4x3 Huge Ad that pops up each time I turn my STBs on. " Which is it? Perhaps someone can offer you advice.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

After I disabled it in the settings , the 4x3 Screen still showed up for a bit. But now I do not hardly get it.

However, like today, When I turn my STB on, I can not change channels or see the Guide for 3-5 minutes.

Idk if that was just the case today, though. From what others have said in this thread.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

I reported earlier in this thread that I had no phone service. I just got this email from Verizon:

Dear Customer,

An issue has been detected impacting the use of Verizon FiOS services, including Internet, email, Video on Demand, as well as telephone services. Please visit www.verizon.com/outage to request automatic updates, and for more information.

Sincerely,
Verizon

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

ggma1126 to Hooper

Premium Member

to Hooper
I got the same message from my security system was wondering if maybe there had been an outage - luckily I have a cell gateway backup for my sec system I am in vho 8 also
Hooper
Premium Member
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO

Hooper

Premium Member

said by ggma1126:

I got the same message from my security system was wondering if maybe there had been an outage - luckily I have a cell gateway backup for my sec system I am in vho 8 also

You must have lifeshield! Have had them since 2008 when they were Ingrid.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

ggma1126

Premium Member

yes I do - just got them last month

Tb75093
@mycingular.net

Tb75093 to matcarl

Anon

to matcarl
Just lost all services in North Texas and got the same email at 9:33 PM.
justin9876
join:2006-04-21
Mount Juliet, TN

justin9876

said by Anon80:

Just lost all services in North Texas and got the same email at 9:33 PM.

Strange....I watched TV until about 11 pm last night and never had a blip. Must have been local to your specific area.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

All channels went out at 2am and the screen says ETA for restore is 3:03am.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

Check to see if chan 596 was added.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom to icemannyr1

to icemannyr1
said by icemannyr1:

All channels went out at 2am and the screen says ETA for restore is 3:03am.

Yep same message I saw last week. No new channels yet but they are probably getting all the QAM slots lined up and ready to add the new channels, that VHO5 has, in the coming weeks.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Another 2am outage and the same 3:03 ETA for channels to return.
This time it's only some of the cable HD channels. All the local broadcast channels are on.
donjuan2002
join:2002-10-06
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002 to bohratom

to bohratom
There doing something in NJ, starting friday North going south, the network was down for 2 hrs, receive a message that it was going to happen.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to bohratom

to bohratom
Is The Hub HD 789 and HBO West HD 901 on the same QAM slot? Both are barely coming in for me (VHO7) for the last few days.