how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

patryan9

join:2004-06-16
Bolton, CT

[VOD] breakup with HD VOD content

Looks like we're having problems when trying to watch HD VOD during prime time... getting a lot of picture breakup, audio dropouts, etc... switch to the SD version and no problems. Are there bandwidth problems with video delivery in our neigborhood. Try it the next morning and no problems...

Haven't called tech support, just don't need to be told to unplug my unit over it.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
VOD is just 'hidden' channels dynamically created for you. Each time you start watching something, even if you just stop and start immediately again, you may end up on a different frequency.

Basically, it sounds like one of your frequencies is bad, and it kept assigning the HD feed to that one, probably because it had available bandwidth.

patryan9

Bolton, CT
reply to patryan9
so should I call tech support?

patryan9

Bolton, CT
reply to patryan9
So it happened again tonight... as an experiment I rewound it a few times and it broke up at the same point each time. Could it actually be recorded that way on VOD?

Cablejim1087

join:2012-09-21
Bath, ME
reply to patryan9
It could be a couple of things. Signal to that outlet is effecting the VOD frequency youre watching, intermitent system issue which youre seeing, or bad converter. Are you a SA or Moto system? What converter do you have? Is it possible to homerun that outlet to test if it tiles when only that outlet is hooked up? Thats a couple of thing I can think of right now.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to patryan9
doubtful. most (90%) of the systems pull content from the same source, its no longer stored locally.
--
I'm better than you!

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to patryan9
said by patryan9:

So it happened again tonight... as an experiment I rewound it a few times and it broke up at the same point each time. Could it actually be recorded that way on VOD?

If it's the same breakup at the same point, then it may be the source. If it's a recent TV show, they seem to be recorded directly from some Comcast feed, or the master satellite feed. Most likely, there is one master copy that is replicated across the country.

Can you post what you are trying to watch and others can see if they can duplicate it.

patryan9

Bolton, CT
reply to patryan9
I'll have to start them up again... early episodes (3,4,5 something like that) of Homeland season 2. I'll see if I can find the exact episodes tomorrow.