how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sreeram

join:2013-09-05

How to configure D-link DSL2640t as bridge

Hi All,

I have a personal computer,which is don't have any wifi adapters.I want to connect my DSL2640t(bridge mode) to my pc using ethernet cable.

My wireless router is present at down satires my pc is very far from that wireless router.so i want to connect internet using this D-link DSL2640t which is configured as bridge.

Wireless router configured as
SSID=btreddy
security=wep
chanel=6

Is it possible access wifi using DSL2640t as a bridge?????????
If it is possible can any one help me how to set this router as a bridge?????

Thanks
Sreeram

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
DSL Modems have a Bridge however it's a wired connection passing it's PPPoE connection on to the connected external router. In this operation, all modem Wireless and router functions are disabled.

As or using it as a wireless AP or bridge, it can only act as a wireless AP. There are no actual wireless bridge functions on DSL modems.

It could be possible to use it as a wired AP:
»forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40856.0

Try it and see...

sreeram

join:2013-09-05

1 edit
Hi Bimmer,

Thanks for your reply,

"http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40856.0" this link is not working...............

you mean it is not possible to access wifi by configuring DSL6240t router as a wireless bridge.Then i have to connect wirless router and dsl router with ethernet and i have to do bridging .But that wireless router is very far from my pc .

Is there any another way to connect wifi using this DSl6240t router like repeater mode ???

Thanks
Sreeramulu

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to sreeram
No, DSL modems don't support Repeating.

If the Wired AP mode solution isn't working then you'll need to find a D-Link product that is specifically designed for Bridging and Repeating. I recommend that you review the DAP model APs that D-Link has in your area. Those have dedicated wireless bridging and repeating options that should work for you.