spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Tim445
@verizon.net

Tim445

Anon

DSL divesture

Notwithstanding what McAdam is saying it will tough to get any more of these sales through state regulators. If I had to take a bet I would say they have the best shot of divesting SW Virginia(no FIOS) than any other states. Massachusetts and New York won't allow divestitures, Rhode Island and Delaware are heavy FIOS(All but a relatively small portion of Rhode Island is FIOS). Northern PA is a maybe.

So it comes back to SW Virginia the outer extreme of the traditional Bell Atlantic service area. Additionally some of the extraneous parts of the old GTE service areas in Texas and California that aren't served by FIOS. Remember, though as Craig Moffett has pointed out GTE in Texas and California traditionally has a lot better financial performance than some of the BA/NYNEX markets. How much of this is applicable to the FIOS and non FIOS areas is unclear. One distinct possibility divest Verizon's Santa Barbara market(no FIOS).

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

said by Tim445 :

One distinct possibility divest Verizon's Santa Barbara market(no FIOS).

Another? Divest FIOS?
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to Tim445

to Tim445
They could get rid of DSL- you do realize they can stop selling it at any time without a problem. DSL is NOT regulated thus allowing them to hire or sell those services/network to another company and make them maintain it. Maybe BBR users and Karl would be interested and then upgrade those markets to Fiber???

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

said by TBBroadband:

Maybe BBR users and Karl would be interested and then upgrade those markets to Fiber???

Verizon would just fight anyone in court to prevent them from attempting to build their own fiber network, even if the resources were made available.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

tim_k to TBBroadband

Premium Member

to TBBroadband
I just hope Karl will give me a job

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

said by tim_k:

I just hope Karl will give me a job

Union job, no doubt (LOL)
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to jmn1207

to jmn1207
That is only if its a Muni project. A Co-Op would not have that problem and that is known what VZ attacks. And Muni's should NOT be in business. We have private companies for that. Not gov'ts as we have seen what the gov't does to business. Look at Amtrak, and the USPS.