spc
Search similar:

uniqs
atreus86
join:2006-06-10
Charleston, IL

atreus86

Can I Disconnect?

I signed up for Mediacom just over a year ago with a 2 year contract and was sold on high speeds and and no cap. Now over the last week or so I started getting pop ups at the top of my screen stating that I was being switched to metered service!?!? We watch a lot of streaming media and I'd really rather not have to pay overages. Am I able to disconnect due to this change? If so would I be forced to pay an ETF? Thanks for the help everyone maybe MediacomChad can weigh in on this.
Klarth
join:2005-09-16
Joplin, MO

1 recommendation

Klarth

They will tell you that you have to pay the ETF, but some users here and on the official forums have successfully called to complain and gotten that fee waived. Persistence pays off.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to atreus86

to atreus86
I would say since they changed the rules, you shouldn't have to be held under that contract. the cap is nothing more then a way for them to increase revenue. a cash grab

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke to atreus86

Premium Member

to atreus86
If I had anywhere else to go I would. Century Link is not an option for me. The phone lines on the poles in my neighborhood are old and junk. Service fails every time it rains and best speed they can give me is 1.5mb.
Barnstormer
join:2007-12-12
Waverly, IA

Barnstormer to atreus86

to atreus86
You were sold on no cap? They have had a cap in the terms you have agreed to for a while now. The only difference is they are finally getting around to enforce it.

While I think these caps are lame and a money grab, I do a ton of streaming and don't even get close to my limit, so I'll spend my time on other #firstworldproblems like when McDonalds doesn't give me enough BBQ sauce for my chicken nuggets.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to atreus86

Premium Member

to atreus86
atreus86 feel free to private message me your account or phone number and I would be happy to assist you with these matters.