All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
TheNerdGirl
join:2006-12-09

TheNerdGirl to bleomycin

to bleomycin

Re: [ALL] My preferred tier is going up

I wonder why they are rasing the prices for their high speed Internet service in a down economy with so many people struggling to make it. I just don't get it. I understand it was $2.00 or $3.00 more a month, but not $6.00 a month for "high speed Internet" that won't let me watch YouTube videos and webpages that load slow (these problems only happen in the evenings, it doesn't happen in the mornings, afternoons, or late at night).

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

In a downed economy everyone suffers, including the businesses. I mean we could get into a very complicated debate on the middle class vs Big Corporate America, but in the end that wouldn't save you any money.

Do you have a D3 modem? If so, depending on your area and if they have locked down powerboost, downgrading a Tier and spending the money on a D3 modem may save you alot of money in the long run, and at not too little of a performance decrease. Upload would suffer, but most people use the download alot more. You might also want to check with your student affairs or relations and see if they have any partnership between Cox and KU. Or you might even be able to write of your internet cost from your taxes as a student expense? Just throwing some ideas.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to TheNerdGirl

Premium Member

to TheNerdGirl
It's to protect their PayTV revenues.

lvted
@cox.net

lvted

Anon

You hit that right on the head. NAIL AND HAMMER!

»finance.yahoo.com/news/a ··· 688.html

Thanks cox, lose money in the TV department, put it on you're Internet department.

Very special

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
And to pay for fox sports 1

Big_Tom
@cox.net

Big_Tom

Anon

I finally got my bill with the rate hike notice on it. I checked with a neighbor and their bill didn't have the notice and the Cox web site says nothing about the new rates. I called Cox to get a clarification. The new rates are for Cox customers that have no other service than internet. If you have other services with Cox then your internet rate isn't going up (yet).

They did offer to lock in the current rate with a contract for 2 years or I could downgrade to Essential service for the new rate of $48.99.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Can you see if goggle fiber is available in your area? Being a monopoly sucks and, they will be so high that no one can afford their cable tv. Fox Sports, ESPN, Wifetime and Disney should all be in the sports pak. Not everyone wants ESPN 1&2. All the Disney owned and Fox owned channels are the biggest reason why costs have gone up.

and yet, overnight, you get fed infomericals, isn't that lovely?

Fox Sports 1&2 are really, really crappy, unless you love fake wrastling..

»fiber.google.com/cities/ ··· er=check

-Rob