how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Remy91

join:2013-08-04
Kansas City, MO

USG 20W Bridging WLAN to LAN

Folks this is my first post but I have been reading for a while. I will start out by saying THANK YOU to all the great advice and discussion here.

On to my issue.

I have been attempting to bridge my wlan and lan to no avail. Well I guess its successfully done when I cannot reach the router no longer and have to reset it to defaults. My guess is that the bridge is not giving out the IP's and I for whatever reason cannot get one. Even resetting me nic several time does not help. So I end up reseting the router everytime. I am apparently doing something wrong and as a result I get now where fast.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I will post pics of my process before it goes horribly wrong shortly.

FirebirdTN

join:2012-12-13
Brighton, TN
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
See if this is what you are looking for (I don't own a 20W, so I haven't done this particular bridge myself):

»kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!vi···&lang=EN

-Alan

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:10
reply to Remy91
This may also help »Bridge vs NAT

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to Remy91
A quote from another thread.......
Thanks, very helpful. One other USG20W related configuration I came up against was the bridging. had to create a bridge between the lan and wlan interfaces and set the interface type to 'Internal'.

Remy91

join:2013-08-04
Kansas City, MO
reply to Remy91
Well, I successfully (finally) created the bridge without crashing the router again. However, the wireless portion kept dropping out. Not sure why. But to that end, I just dusted off a Dlink 655 and configured it as an AP and so far that is working for me. It is disappointing that I have to disable to portion of the router that I found very useful. But its better for my blood pressure this way.

thanks for everyones advice.